Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sluggish from update

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 09:53 PM)
Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone else experienced sluggish responses and screen jitters? My Fold 3 was really zippy and had virtually no lag but ever since I did an OTA update am getting several issues. 
1 lagging screen
2 jittery loading and switching between apps
3 my back and home buttons would not stay fixed even though settings was to stay on! A phone restart sorted this issue though.
4 several small annoying settings like Under display camera turned into a punch hole although have sorted this now but lots of other little issues that are just annoying to have to go back and change!

Not happy at all with this latest update. 🤬
4 REPLIES 4
aron habtgorgies6626
First Poster
Options
Hey
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine seems to be OK in that respect after the update.
Maybe try clearing the cache partition.
If all else fails, then try reset to factory settings and set the phone up again.
Just make sure it's not one or more apps running in the background.
Check in battery settings and see what apps are running more than others
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It can take a short time for your phone to settle down after an update @Suchy1977 

Try turning the phone Off and On to soft reboot it. 

Make sure your apps in the Playstore and Galaxy Store are updated. 

Put the phone into Safe Mode which disables the downloaded apps and themes etc and then see what happens.

If things resolve in Safe Mode then you'll need come out of Safe Mode to uninstall your downloaded apps one at a time until the issue stops.

You can also try clearing the cache and if necessary data of your apps in Settings, Apps, Choose the App, Storage, Clear Cache and Data.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

As mentioned clearing the phones system cache files can help in some instances. 

Clear your System File Cache vai the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Factory reset is a very last resort.

I updated to the September Patch a few days ago which has caused no issues on my phone if that helps.

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can take a look at your phone. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Suchy1977
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for this response 👍🏼 you are top dog 😉