Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card manager and Esims fold 4

(Topic created on: 31-12-2023 07:50 AM)
muhammed1966
Journeyman
Options
Hi

Just wanted to share my experience with using multiple sim cards in my phone. A galaxy fold 4 dual sim 512gb

Have two physical sim cards installed and both work perfect but I wanted to try out the Esim card facility. 

Found a deal on HotUKdeals.com and purchased an Esim. The QR code came virtually immediately and it was a matter of turning on the esim facility and then following the instructions. It was working within minutes. 

You can only have two active sims at any one time. 

So you can have the two physical sim cards active together or you can have one physical sim and one Esim. 

Looks like you can have multiple Esims but only one of them will be active at any time depending on the above. 

Will make it easier when travelling abroad if you can purchase Esims before you travel from the country you are travelling to. 

Have been to Dubai and Pakistan using my Fold 4. Dubai was not a problem but travelling to Pakistan you need to register your handset with the government dept and you will need to pay the tax on the phone. 

You have a grace period of either two or three months then the phone gets blocked and you can't use it there. You can pay the tax later and get the handset unblocked but its definitely not cheap. 

Even if you only stay wo or three weeks and come back home. The next time you go you will not be able to use your handset. Really annoying until you pay up. 

Using multiple sims and Esims was an easy and pesant process. 

Hope this helps others. 
1 REPLY 1
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi really good to know, I was also running two SIMS, one was purchased for my Book2 Pro 5G.

Wasn't sure how eSIMS work, might try as travelling soon, but usually just pay EE for EU or Global Roaming.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]