Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen protector

(Topic created on: 07-07-2022 07:20 AM)
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
my screen protector is coming away on my Galaxy z flip 3 at the hinge.I have been into an e e shop in Bolton town and contacted customer support and there is no problem sending the phone in for repair. My problem is that I have read so many reports of Samsung saying that the phones that they are repairing have a "fault" and they are charged nearly £300 pounds for the repair. I can't afford that amount of money especially as my phone is in perfect condition but how can I be sure that I am not going to get charged.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
if it just a screen protector you can buy them on amazon for couple of pounds, instead of sending them in for repairs cause a lots of hassle.
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options

I have been told by the staff in the store that the screen is very sensative and I could damage it if I take it off. I have always put and changed screen savers on other phones without any problems but I don't know how true or correct the advice from the staff is.

0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
if it that sensative all that time with your finger press on the screen will be crack or broken by now, phone screen are make sturdy enough for the weight or pressure of a finger to slid or press on to. they probably say that to get you to pay for the repair or change the screen protector, well that is my opinion, I will change it my self.
are you sure is the top plastic screen protector or is it the phone screen?
but if you plannings to change it your self, remember to switch of the phone power off first.
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options

it is definitely the screen protector as I can see it lifted from the screen.

0 Likes
Timo63
Explorer
Options
Tread carefully. I am currently in dispute with Samsung over this issue. I received an invoice for £279 as they claimed the phone had "impact damage" . I have refused to pay so we have a stand off. My daughter has the same issue and decided to change the protector herself. See how that goes 😉. The warranty is useless.
I received the following from Samsung

In the event that a fault on your device is found not to be a manufacturing defect, then the repair may be chargeable; examples of this may include evidence of the device not
being used in accordance with the instruction manual, or external damage, which may affect the structural integrity of the device
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options

thank you for the text. please baywot let me know how your daughter gets on with doing it herself as that seems the way I will be going. I have watched a few videos that all seem to just take it off like any other phone protector.

0 Likes
Timo63
Explorer
Options
👍
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
When/if the screen protector starts lifting on my flip3 I will replace it myself.
Like yourself I've heard enough horror stories of being charged £££ because of some type of "damage".
0 Likes
Timo63
Explorer
Options
Phone just returned from Samsung with no explanation. Fully repaired.
My daughters screen protector is fine also. Good luck.