Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen protector split AGAIN Z Flip3

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 07:05 PM)
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. For the second time now since the Z Flip 3 launched I'm going to have to get it repaired, same fault again with factory installed screen protector cracking all along the hinge

I'm pretty annoyed about it for an expensive phone. I'm also annoyed that Samsung support is *****. Either send the phone back and have no phone for up to a week or trek to a Samsung store miles away. 

I love the phone but I won't be getting another flip or fold as I just don't trust the quality. Shame 
12 REPLIES 12
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
You're paying a premium to play with new tech. The phone itself isn't the best spec and the screen is prone to breaking, just read all the complaints here. Send it back or travel to a store and hope and pray you get it repaired under warranty because Samsung often refuse such warranty claims.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Appreciate your response but it's hardly a beta test or similar. This is a mass market device that simply shouldn't have these issues. I'm off to Stratford next week to get fixed and no chance they're not doing it for me, will kick off if they try to refuse!
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
To start with, Apple guy here, I was very much fallan in love with Z 3, and just millimetres from buying it as my first Android after many hundreds of years 😁.. However at the end I decided that my heart shouldn't make the decision hence went for S22 Ultra.. 5 days ago

I am sorry to hear your difficulties, on the day I ordered the phone I had to call Samsung support.. God I thought customer service has lot to learn from Apple. So my first impression of customer service was Zero
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
SamMobile - Samsung news: Galaxy Z Flip 3 folded for record 418503 times in extreme test, well over Samsung's own rating.
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-z-flip-3-folded-418503-times-extreme-test-samsung-rating/
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Clearly not on every model though! I'm sure I haven't opened my phone over 800,000 times in 10 months for it to break twice!
garcea
Pioneer
Options
i have fold 3 and replace the screen protector with a tpu one(was just scratchd)and never cracked.my gf has flip 3 and the original screen protector cracked but i bought from amazon a pack of 3 tpu ones and all good now..u complaining about £10 for 3 screen protectors which will last forever
0 Likes
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
I'm complaining about a factory fitted screen protector splitting. Twice. It's unacceptable especially as Samsung advise you shouldn't remove the screen protector yourself or you risk voiding warranty. If you think it's acceptable that's your call but I don't think it is
garcea
Pioneer
Options
i understand what u say but sometimes its better to just avoid all the hassle and change it urself with a better one
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Totally agree with you!