Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen protector peeling

(Topic created on: 28-06-2022 07:53 PM)
Stewalker
Pioneer
Options
After already having my screen replaced once due to the screen protector bubbling down the middle and then causing the screen to fail.

The same thing is starting to happen again. It's starting to bubble along the screen fold from top and bottom. 
What are the implications of me removing the screen protector myself before it causes damage to the screen like last time? 

Will this void my warranty or void my care+ I have in place?
I really don't want to be with out the phone for 2 weeks again so am I clear to remove it and then try to reinstall my own protector? 
17 REPLIES 17
Timo63
Explorer
Options
Don't remove it if you want to maintain your warranty.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Apparently the screen protector being removed won't void the warranty. What will is if you damage the screen without it on.
Just be aware that removing it needs to be done with care
Personally I know it's a hassle, but I'd get it done professionally
I know @BandOfBrothers removed his, so I think it's been OK on that phone
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes mine delaminated along the crease on my Fold³ @Stewalker too.

It's straightforward to remove it.

Peel from the corner and slowly peel it away.

Removing the screen protector does not invalidate the warranty.

Samsung do say if the screen is somehow damaged in the act of removing the protector then the warranty would be voided.

Yes @Glenntech I did remove mine and the screen has been fine since with no detrimental affect.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Stewalker
Pioneer
Options
I'm going to go for it tonight then see if I can find a decent replacement one. I'm just worried everytime I open it it goes further and last time that's how it cracked the screen
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I watched the screen protector gradually come away from crease on mine.

Whitestone Dome do / did an internal screen protector @Stewalker 

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I hear the Whitestone Dome one is really good
Timo63
Explorer
Options
This is the Samsung stance

Please accept my apologies for the difficulty you have experienced with your product and for any dissatisfaction you feel with the service you have received. I can assure you that your feedback concerning your product and the repair process will be relayed to the relevant lines of business for consideration.

While we endeavour to manufacture all our Samsung products to the highest of standards and quality, we do recognise that as with all electronic equipment, failures can and do occasionally occur from manufacturing point of view.

This is why all Samsung devices come with a 24 month manufacturer’s warranty. This is a repair based warranty that would cover the repair of any failures the unit may suffer through a manufacturing issue, within its 24 months warranty period.

In regards to repairs covered under warranty, you will usually not be required to pay any charges. The cost will be covered by the standard manufacturers warranty, unless upon inspection we deem the handset to be:

• Liquid and/or physically damaged
• Previously subject to an unauthorised repair
• Rooted or subject to an unauthorised software modification
• Lost/Stolen

Any devices found to match the above conditions will be returned unrepaired and subject to an inspection fee, which is to pay for the time and cost of disassembly.

I have included our stance on warranty repair charges below:

"4. This warranty shall not apply and the repair charges shall be separately quoted by the Company in the event of:

(a) any willful modification, alteration or repair in any way made to any part of the product by any persons other than the Company; or

(b) any damage caused by misuse, misapplication of electricity, malicious acts, negligence, inflow of any liquid or dirt, accident, natural calamities, or physical force."

You can see the full warranty terms and conditions by visiting the link below:

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/warranty/

Please accept my apologies that we can not offer another resolution at this moment in time, the reasonings behind this are relayed within our terms and conditions which I have supplied a link to above. Please note, that these terms and conditions were agreed by yourself upon purchase of your product.

I do sincerely apologise regarding this outcome, and I hope that you will continue to stay a loyal and valued Samsung customer. 

0 Likes
Stewalker
Pioneer
Options
That's the exact one I'm looking for. I want the one with the application kit. I have now removed the protector and the screen feels great
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I must admit the screen does feel nicer without that plastic screen protector but I can appreciate why Samsung applies one.

Yes the Whitestone Dome one does have an application kit which is shown on their website and YouTube but I have to say it does look fiddly @Stewalker