Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Screen damage on flip 3

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 07:08 PM)
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip
So disappointingly the screen on my flip 3 is starting to be damaged around the hinge. Despite the apparent rigorous testing by Samsung. How do I go about getting it repaired/replaced by Samsung please (and obviously at no detriment to myself since it's not my fault)
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
xSteveuk
Maestro
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip

I'm wondering if the issue is with the factory fitted screen protector @angrybarry 

I would suggest to use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre or if available in your region set up a doorstep repair visit.

They'll assess the phone and advise if any work is covered under the limited 2 year manufacturing warranty.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip
Thanks for your help and you're right it's the screen protector which is now damaged all along the hinge - not a great sign after only having the phone 4 months
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip

I thought it might be @angrybarry 

Not good but better than being an actual damaged screen !

Do approach Samsung as they'll help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip

having all sorts of problems with this - Samsung saying the only option available to me is to send my phone off for repair, leaving me without a phone. this is massively unacceptable in my eyes, can anyone help? also does anyone know how to make a complaint about Samsung service as this to me is not good enough for a manufacturing fault

0 Likes
Stewalker
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip
I now have the same issue. I had a very small seperation at the top for about a month but just now I've opened the screen, there was a small cracking sound and it's seperated along the hinge from top to half way down the phone. Nightmare
0 Likes
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip
Sorry to hear that. Yeah mine has got progressively worse. Samsung want me to send my phone in for repair which to me is unacceptable as I'd be without a phone. No experience store near me, probably going to have to raise a complaint to try and get a better resolution
0 Likes
Stewalker
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip
My phone has now cracked right down the middle of the screen and the right hand side of the screen doesn't respond to touch. Fumin
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip
Let me know how you get on with Samsung
0 Likes