Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Cracked along fold on Flip 3!!

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 05:03 PM)
papadoc
Student
Options

Oh Well, my Flip 3 didn't last very long. Was using it on my break in work last night to watch YouTube, noticed the top half was getting very hot after about 20 mins. Closed the phone and opened it about 30 mins later to find a black line right across the fold, and the top half totally unresponsive!

Just spent an hour with EE via their online chat and they have agreed to send me a new one, once they have some stock!! Will give them a couple of days and see what the alternatives are.

35 REPLIES 35
mtbdavid2
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. If you are in the US I suggest you take it to you break it we fix it store and have them look at it. If you are lucking the plastic screen protector over the glass screen just tore and it's an easy fix at that store. Good luck if you choose to use Samsung customer support and give yourself about 5 days to get anything started. 

0 Likes
Dsourvanos
Journeyman
Options

me too. 4 weeks after usage a crack has appeared along the crease where the phone bends or "flips".

Im very disappointed. I was told by Samsung that I should have bought a screen warranty because "wear and tear" is not covered. By "wear and tear" do they also mean "flip and fold", the major keypoint of the phone?? This is ridiculous. I hadnt bought a Samsung phone in almost 10 years, im so disappointed. WIll not buy a Samsung again.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dsourvanos 

This isn't the factory fitted screen protector that's marked up is it ?

Samsung attached a limited 2 year warranty to its phone's.

Engage with a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for support to see what they say once they've had hands on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dsourvanos
Journeyman
Options

Im located in Athens Greece. I called the official Samsung Support. They told me what I described above 😞

0 Likes
clauhazelnut
First Poster
Options
I actually don't know what the warranty covers.... A customer can never proof the crack is not customer mishandling....
Creed88
Apprentice
Options

The same thing happened to me on 1 month after buying this phone for over $1000 now they want to charge me $400 to repair! I’m so disappointed! I’ve never even dropped the phone!

Creed88
Apprentice
Options

Did they send you a new one?

0 Likes
Creed88
Apprentice
Options

The same thing happened to me on 1 month after buying this phone for over $1000 now they want to charge me $400 to repair! I’m so disappointed! I’ve never even dropped the phone!

0 Likes
Irish89
Student
Options

My z flip is 3 months old and already cracked in the fold.  Called Samsung and was told to mail it in and it would take a week and someone would have to look at it and could cost 400 dollars.  Like most people I rely on my phone for work and life so that's not really a viable option, plus I'm not about to pay to fix the screen on a 3 month old 1000 dollar phone.  Not really sure where to go from here.  The customer service with Samsung was laughable and the service provider was no help either. 

0 Likes
I want a eyePhone
Apprentice
Options

Less then a month I had a manufacturing defect...

z-fold should be named z-crack

Less then a month I had a manufacturing defect... The z fold screen cracked... Called on the 26th of December.... After being on hold for a very long time a talk to a rep about this defect..... They advised me that the closes place to fix my phone was 30 drive away... This place is open only from noon to 5 pm..... this means I have to take off time from work .. So I go there pay for parking just to be told that no one I'm the region has screens because everyone has this problem.... Less then a month I had a manufacturing defect... The z fold screen cracked... Called on the 26th of December.... After being on hold for a very long time a talk to a rep about this defect..... They advised me that the closes place to fix my phone was 30 drive away... This place is open only from noon to 5 pm..... this means I have to take off time from work .. So I go there pay for parking just to be told that no one I'm the region has screens because everyone has this problem.... I live in San Diego California....not this random City in the backwoods. So after taking time off work driving back 30 minutes I call again..... I call the call center.... I talk to a rep....They told me now I have to ship my phone out..... Ii ask to talk to manager... I tell him send me a replacement phone.... He said no..... even if it a defect he cannot do what Apple does....or any cellphone provider would do.... Samsung even if it a design flaw....it's my responsibility to do everything....be out of a phone to get it fix..... How does that workout look? This from a company that airlines treated Samsung phones like a bomb 4 years ago because they would catch on fire! I told this manager that I have spent 40$ on screen protector and case... one the case has been installed that you can't use it..... He basically said... ohhh well.. He can do nothing..... I said I can send the phone but can't remove the case... I need my Sim cards I can work.... I am afraid to break the phone due to it being a lemon . He said to go to Best Buy and the technician can do it for me... He told me they are Samsung certified.... he said he will personally follow up in 2 days.... So I make a opponent on line....drive there and wait 45 minutes.... the technician said he is confused why Samsung sent there because they don't have the parts or the training yet.... So I call Samsung customer service again.... because the manager never followed up... I trier to do the Samsung chat.... Explained my problem and ask for a follow up. They put me on hold.... then told me a manager would follow up..... They never did..... I call every day... no call back.... Called yesterday.... the rep to meet would get manager on line....after 30 min I told to get a manager to call me... He called a few hours ago and said he has a manager.... waited 30 minutes and he said apologized for the wait. I ask for a manager to call back. He said he guaranty me that within 2 hours manager would call back... Never got a call. So now over 1o days of having 1800.00 Phone...bought the most expensive phone on the market.... Phone defected....less then a month long.... No place to fix the phone... No spare parts to fix the phone Loose 40$ of screen protector a case Called and talk to many reps that now adds up to 20 hours. Drove 2 Location for nothing Paid for parking Left work to try to get the phone fix... Got lied from representatives and management Refuse to replace the phone.... Basically you pay for something but you use it. Imagine you buy a meal at a restaurant but you can't eat it.... Imagine you buy a car at a dealership but you can't drive it.... Imagine you buy a house but you can't live in it..... How does that make sense? If I bought this phone at AT &t they would give me a replacement same model phone but because you buy it from Samsung.. Screw you customer..... I keep reading the option on the phone on line.... it doesn't mention that the screen will break if you open the phone.. Get Outlook for Android I live in San Diego California....not this random City in the backwoods. So after taking time off work driving back 30 minutes I call again..... I call the call center.... I talk to a rep....They told me now I have to ship my phone out..... Ii ask to talk to manager... I tell him send me a replacement phone.... He said no..... even if it a defect he cannot do what Apple does....or any cellphone provider would do.... Samsung even if it a design flaw....it's my responsibility to do everything....be out of a phone to get it fix..... How does that workout look? This from a company that airlines treated Samsung phones like a bomb 4 years ago because they would catch on fire! I told this manager that I have spent 40$ on screen protector and case... one the case has been installed that you can't use it..... He basically said... ohhh well.. He can do nothing..... I said I can send the phone but can't remove the case... I need my Sim cards I can work.... I am afraid to break the phone due to it being a lemon..... He said to go to Best Buy and the technician can do it for me... He told me they are Samsung certified.... he said he will personally follow up in 2 days.... So I make a opponent on line....drive there and wait 45 minutes.... the technician said he is confused why Samsung sent there because they don't have the parts or the training yet.... So I call Samsung customer service again.... because the manager never followed up... I trier to do the Samsung chat.... Explained my problem and ask for a follow up. They put me on hold.... then told me a manager would follow up..... They never did..... I call every day... no call back.... Called yesterday.... the rep to meet would get manager on line....after 30 min I told to get a manager to call me... He called a few hours ago and said he has a manager.... waited 30 minutes and he said apologized for the wait. I ask for a manager to call back. He said he garment me that within 2 hours manager would call back... Never got a call. So now over 1o days of having 1800.00 Phone...bought the most expensive phone on the market.... Phone defected....less then a month long.... No place to fix the phone... No spare parts to fix the phone Loose 40$ of screen protector a case Called and talk to many reps that now adds up to 20 hours. Drove 2 Location for nothing Paid for parking Left work to try to get the phone fix... Got lied from representatives and management Refuse to replace the phone.... Basically you pay for something but you use it. Imagine you buy a meal at a restaurant but you can't eat it.... Imagine you buy a car at a dealership but you can't drive it.... Imagine you buy a house but you can't live in it..... How does that make sense? If I bought this phone at AT &t they would give me a replacement same model phone but because you buy it from Samsung.. Screw you customer..... I keep reading the option on the phone on line.... it doesn't mention that the screen will break if you open the phone.. Get Outlook for Android
The z fold screen cracked...
Called on the 26th of December....
After being on hold for a very long time a talk to a rep about this defect.....

They advised me that the closes place to fix my phone was 30 drive away...
This place is open only from noon to 5 pm..... this means I have to take off time from work .. So I go there pay for parking just to be told that no one I'm the region has screens because everyone has this problem....
Less then a month I had a manufacturing defect... The z fold screen cracked... Called on the 26th of December.... After being on hold for a very long time a talk to a rep about this defect..... They advised me that the closes place to fix my phone was 30 drive away... This place is open only from noon to 5 pm..... this means I have to take off time from work .. So I go there pay for parking just to be told that no one I'm the region has screens because everyone has this problem.... I live in San Diego California....not this random City in the backwoods. So after taking time off work driving back 30 minutes I call again..... I call the call center.... I talk to a rep....They told me now I have to ship my phone out..... Ii ask to talk to manager... I tell him send me a replacement phone.... He said no..... even if it a defect he cannot do what Apple does....or any cellphone provider would do.... Samsung even if it a design flaw....it's my responsibility to do everything....be out of a phone to get it fix..... How does that workout look? This from a company that airlines treated Samsung phones like a bomb 4 years ago because they would catch on fire! I told this manager that I have spent 40$ on screen protector and case... one the case has been installed that you can't use it..... He basically said... ohhh well.. He can do nothing..... I said I can send the phone but can't remove the case... I need my Sim cards I can work.... I am afraid to break the phone due to it being a Lemon. He said to go to Best Buy and the technician can do it for me... He told me they are Samsung certified.... he said he will personally follow up in 2 days.... So I make a opponent on line....drive there and wait 45 minutes.... the technician said he is confused why Samsung sent there because they don't have the parts or the training yet.... So I call Samsung customer service again.... because the manager never followed up... I trier to do the Samsung chat.... Explained my problem and ask for a follow up. They put me on hold.... then told me a manager would follow up..... They never did..... I call every day... no call back.... Called yesterday.... the rep to meet would get manager on line....after 30 min I told to get a manager to call me... He called a few hours ago and said he has a manager.... waited 30 minutes and he said apologized for the wait. I ask for a manager to call back. He said he guaranty me that within 2 hours manager would call back... Never got a call. So now over 1o days of having 1800.00 Phone...bought the most expensive phone on the market.... Phone defected....less then a month long.... No place to fix the phone... No spare parts to fix the phone Loose 40$ of screen protector a case Called and talk to many reps that now adds up to 20 hours. Drove 2 Location for nothing Paid for parking Left work to try to get the phone fix... Got lied from representatives and management Refuse to replace the phone.... Basically you pay for something but you use it. Imagine you buy a meal at a restaurant but you can't eat it.... Imagine you buy a car at a dealership but you can't drive it.... Imagine you buy a house but you can't live in it..... How does that make sense? If I bought this phone at AT &t they would give me a replacement same model phone but because you buy it from Samsung.. Screw you customer..... I keep reading the option on the phone on line.... it doesn't mention that the screen will break if you open the phone.. Get Outlook for Android

I live in San Diego California....not this random City in the backwoods.

So after taking time off work driving back 30 minutes I call again..... I call the call center....
I talk to a rep....They told me now I have to ship my phone out.....
Ii ask to talk to manager... I tell him send me a replacement phone....
He said no..... even if it a defect he cannot do what Apple does....or any cellphone provider would do.... Samsung even if it a design flaw....it's my responsibility to do everything....be out of a phone to get it fix.....

How does that workout look? This from a company that airlines treated Samsung phones like a bomb 4 years ago because they would catch on fire!

I told this manager that I have spent 40$ on screen protector and case... one the case has been installed that you can't use it..... He basically said... ohhh well..
He can do nothing.....

I said I can send the phone but can't remove the case... I need my Sim cards I can work.... I am afraid to break the phone due to it being a Lemon.....

He said to go to Best Buy and the technician can do it for me... He told me they are Samsung certified.... he said he will personally follow up in 2 days....

So I make a opponent on line....drive there and wait 45 minutes.... the technician said he is confused why Samsung sent there because they don't have the parts or the training yet....

So I call Samsung customer service again.... because the manager never followed up...

I trier to do the Samsung chat....
Explained my problem and ask for a follow up.

They put me on hold.... then told me a manager would follow up.....
They never did.....
I call every day... no call back....
Called yesterday.... the rep to meet would get manager on line....after 30 min I told to get a manager to call me...
He called a few hours ago and said he has a manager.... waited 30 minutes and he said apologized for the wait. I ask for a manager to call back. He said he guaranty me that within 2 hours manager would call back...
Never got a call.

So now over 1o days of having 1800.00
Phone...bought the most expensive phone on the market....

Phone defected....less then a month long....
No place to fix the phone...
No spare parts to fix the phone
Loose 40$ of screen protector a case
Called and talk to many reps that now adds up to 20 hours.
Drove 2 Location for nothing
Paid for parking
Left work to try to get the phone fix...
Got lied from representatives and management
Refuse to replace the phone....

Basically you pay for something but you use it.

Imagine you buy a meal at a restaurant but you can't eat it....
Imagine you buy a car at a dealership but you can't drive it....
Imagine you buy a house but you can't live in it.....

How does that make sense?

If I bought this phone at AT &t they would give me a replacement same model phone but because you buy it from Samsung.....

Why if I buy a 5$ toy from Walmart I walk in and get a new 5 $ toy....

Screw you customer.....

I keep reading the option on the phone on line.... it doesn't mention that the screen will break if you open the phone..

If Samsung took care of its customer as much as this forum making sure there is a capital S for Samsung we would not have a problem.