Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Cracked along fold on Flip 3!!

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 05:03 PM)
papadoc
Student
Options

Oh Well, my Flip 3 didn't last very long. Was using it on my break in work last night to watch YouTube, noticed the top half was getting very hot after about 20 mins. Closed the phone and opened it about 30 mins later to find a black line right across the fold, and the top half totally unresponsive!

Just spent an hour with EE via their online chat and they have agreed to send me a new one, once they have some stock!! Will give them a couple of days and see what the alternatives are.

35 REPLIES 35
Irish89
Student
Options

Looks like not a single person on any of these samsung cracked screen threads has gotten any help from samsung. I'll never buy samsung again. When this 1000 dollar phone is unusable in 3 more months I'll, never buy another Samsung phone and I will go out of my way to talk other people out of it. Absolute ***** all the way around. Thanks samsung

Jalebi
First Poster
Options
I have a Z fold 3 and the same thing has happened to mine. They accused me of dropping the phone, when I know I haven't dropped it.

I'm so fed up. It took 1 months for engineer to do a 'door stop repair' all to be told the phone had impact damage. When I told Samsung and wefix that others have reported the same issue they deny it.

It's on their own Samsung Members app so why lie to me that others haven't had the issue.
0 Likes
DaBronze9774
First Poster
Options

Same here and I've been a loyal customer for years also. I was a customer all through the whole Note7 debacle - three phone replacements for me during that time.

I use dark mode whenever possible. When I logged onto my bank app, which is all white, I noticed the crack right in the bend, on the right side towards the center. Who knows how long it's been there.

Samsung included SamsungPlus free of charge, which I thought was no-cost repairs. $249 out of pocket to fix the screen. I've been transferred to different departments several times in the chat, and by phone support. Terrible experience. 

0 Likes
yebernetsky
First Poster
Options

Same here. Screen randomly broke at the fold. Hate to say that months later nothing has changed. Exact same experience as everyone else. Hours with customer service to be told that I could send it in for repair, then 1 week later was emailed, they are shipping it back unrepaired. After another hour on with customer service, the  screens are backordered. Was offered a refund by rep #5, but explained I need the data pulled from my phone first.  Worst service Ive ever dealt with. They have no clue what they are doing. I've probably spent 10-12K in samsung products over the past decade. Never again. See you later Samsung. Good luck with this forthcoming class action lawsuit!

0 Likes
denniste12
Journeyman
Options

This has been nagging at me! I bought a $1000 gift for my daughter’s wedding that is a brick now. They got about 60 days of use before it stopped & melted down while sitting on table. (this just happed; the phone was not in use or damaged in any way)
Likely you have heard that before. There are 100’s of posts/articles that say the same thing & don’t buy this phone…

Sent to Samsung repair… After it came back from the repair people it does not light up anymore. When shipped; the screen would light up but at the fold it appeared that liquid had oozed out. It was not possible to see or read anything on either screen but it was clearly powered up & seemed to be taking commands.
When it came back from the repair there was no explanation of any kind. Why it was back? What was wrong? Why it does not turn on any more? No options were offered?
Since then; I have been completely left without recourse or anyone willing to talk about it. Highly upsetting…

I am a phone sales & minor repair rep for a living. I have recommended or sold 10’s of thousands of Samsung phones or products over the last 6 years. Until this myself & family swore by Samsung Products.
This has ended that completely. Now I have a goal for next year to stop completely sales or persuade anyone coming in for Samsung to seriously consider any other option I can present a case for.
I will be doing anything that I can to get even… My daughter is an attorney in New York State & she feels we will win hands down in Small Claims court in a few weeks. However I’m disappointed to see no “Class Action Suit” started. Hopefully soon.

0 Likes
denniste12
Journeyman
Options

This has been nagging at me! I bought a $1000 gift for my daughter’s wedding that is a brick now. They got about 60 days of use before it stopped & melted down while sitting on table. (this just happed; the phone was not in use or damaged in any way)
Likely you have heard that before. There are 100’s of posts/articles that say the same thing & don’t buy this phone…

Sent to Samsung repair… After it came back from the repair people it does not light up anymore. When shipped; the screen would light up but at the fold it appeared that liquid had oozed out. It was not possible to see or read anything on either screen but it was clearly powered up & seemed to be taking commands.
When it came back from the repair there was no explanation of any kind. Why it was back? What was wrong? Why it does not turn on any more? No options were offered?
Since then; I have been completely left without recourse or anyone willing to talk about it. Highly upsetting…

I am a phone sales & minor repair rep for a living. I have recommended or sold 10’s of thousands of Samsung phones or products over the last 6 years. Until this myself & family swore by Samsung Products.
This has ended that completely. Now I have a goal for next year to stop completely sales or persuade anyone coming in for Samsung to seriously consider any other option I can present a case for.
I will be doing anything that I can to get even… My daughter is an attorney in New York State & she feels we will win hands down in Small Claims court in a few weeks. However I’m disappointed to see no “Class Action Suit” started. Hopefully soon.

0 Likes
BonesBrigade
First Poster
Options

SAME!!!  VERY Disappointed. Preordered and purchased my 5g Flip durectly through Samsung's website. Screen started cracking along the fold seam almost exactly five months after I received the phone. 

I have the added-cost extended care on top of the factory warranty which is still in effect. Phone has been in Samsung's OEM silicone case from Day 1 and this phone has been very well taken care of (never dropped, spends approximately 20 hours a day on average on my nightstand, on my desk, in the center console of my car, or on my coffee table). I don't even open/close the phone much - while working, I send texts and emails on my laptop via the Windows myphone app and use my car's headunit or google voice when in the car. 

I called Samsung to get warranty service and immediately after describing the crack, got accused of abusing the phone and dropping the phone. Erm, excuse me?  I said my phone screen has a crack, not that I smoke crack. Then, told that I'd need to pay a "small" fee of $99-$199 to get it repaired because user caused issues are neither covered under the standard warranty nor extended care coverage. I said thank you, I have a few months until warranty expiration, I'll wait for the class action suit in the meantime. 

Spent near two decades as a loyal and very happy iphone user. Never had an issue  NEVER.  The flip intrigued me and I made the big leap over to Android, because, you know, curiosity killed the cat. I was able to bury my head in the sand and live in denial over the worst battery life I've experienced in a mobile device since I can remember, and when the crack started forming I lived in shame by just trying to use the phone as little as possible. 

Now that the crack has spread across the whole ***** width of the screen, I have dawned my keyboard warrior armor and am striking keys with a vengeance. 

Shame on you Samsung!!! Karma shall serve her sweet justice. Most likely in the form of lawsuit or negative comments to be stored on some faraway server for all eternity. Hear me, Samsung!  I have a law license and google and I am ***** good at using both. On guard you dirty *****, may your reputation and sales suffer the same damage my wallet has for investing in the weak, wack, woeful excuse of a modern telecom device you've shat upon this world.  Good day, I believe I now owe an apology to Apple for my frivolous purchase of this worthless excuse of a what is it...flap 3, flop 3, whatever. 

ohms139
First Poster
Options

My zFlip3 screen cracked in the fold seam after 6 months of ownership. The warranty was declined because they state that there was physical damage and that is why it was denied. Obviously there is physical damage if the screen cracked because of an obvious design flaw in the Flip and Fold phones.

I really hope that Samsung gets hit with a class action lawsuit for this bulls**t.

It's unfortunate that after most of the smaller smart phone companies went under or fell into obscurity, Samsung went from being a decent company into a complete pile of sh*t, in some ways they are just as bad, if not worse than Apple, and I HATE Apple.

0 Likes
Nee-Nee
First Poster
Options

Same with me. Charged it. Woke up and I have a black line where the fold is on the inside screen.  I keep being told that  I  can not get a replacement.  Its 4.5 months old. Never dropped.  has protective cover. Who is EE because  I  do not  think I talked with EE dept. Just samsung support

0 Likes
Brright
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue, I hit the FTC and BBB, you should do the same. Customers shouldn't be paying for Samsung defects.

0 Likes