Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Cracked along fold on Flip 3!!

(Topic created on: 26-10-2021 05:04 AM)
papadoc
Student
Options

Oh Well, my Flip 3 didn't last very long. Was using it on my break in work last night to watch YouTube, noticed the top half was getting very hot after about 20 mins. Closed the phone and opened it about 30 mins later to find a black line right across the fold, and the top half totally unresponsive!

Just spent an hour with EE via their online chat and they have agreed to send me a new one, once they have some stock!! Will give them a couple of days and see what the alternatives are.

35 REPLIES 35
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thats not good at all @papadoc  😞

I hope ee get you a new Flip3 sent out asap.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

mtbdavid2
Apprentice
Options

purchased a z flip 3 a little over 30 days ago and noticed a small crack in the middle of the screen where it folds. It's been in a case since purchased new and had never been dropped. Been trying to get help with Samsung support for over 3 hours and still no resolution. I am told that the screen is not covered under the 1 year warranty when this is clearly a defect. I've been a loyal Samsung customer with 18 phones and watches registered with Samsung. This is the absolute worst support I ever experienced and needless to say this will be the last Samsung product I purchase.

WiseOne
Journeyman
Options

Good luck trying to get anything solved using Samsung support.  You can call and speak to 6 different reps, then chat another 3 or 4 reps and then text another couple of reps, spend hours and days trying to get something simple corrected and get absolutely no where.  For your own sanity, just hope your Samsung device lasts a couple of years and you never have to deal with Samsung support.  If you do, you will either laugh or cry.  My experience has proved them absolutely terrible.

Naazim
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Just over a month and small crack appeared. Top half of screen gone dark.  Have had many sansungs.  And in quit fed up now

mtbdavid2
Apprentice
Options

I wish you the best of luck. I have been a loyal samsung customer for almost 20 years. I will not buy another new samsung product as they have the absolute worst customer service and the samsung repair center is not much better. It's a shame samsung does not stand behind their products. I guess samsung has the attitude that once you buy their products you are on your own to support your own device. 

WiseOne
Journeyman
Options

Anyone would think that since this phone is within the 1 year warranty, that Samsung would replace it ASAP, but somehow, I do not believe that will be the case.  I have seen several videos on the internet with this same crack/issue, so there are others out there.  Good luck to you, because you will definitely need it. 

mtbdavid2
Apprentice
Options

their customer support is in the Philipines and they are useless. They know nothing about the flip phone and they claim the 1 year warranty does not cover the screen even if it's a manufacturing defect. Try and find the details on the samsung 1 year warranty. I could not find it anywhere. 

WiseOne
Journeyman
Options

It is a manufacturer defect, same exact thing is occurring to many others on a new concept folding glass screen.  At this rate Samsung will be selling them for $99 soon or they will be hit with a large class action lawsuit.  Sad.

JNabors
First Poster
Options

I just had the same thing happen to mine. Can you tell me where you found the chat or the number to contact them?  I would surely appreciate it. 

0 Likes