Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cover

(Topic created on: 02-06-2023 07:31 AM)
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
Hi,

I have a Flip 4 since September and the original screen cover started to peel off where the screen folds. Is it part of the phone? Can i replace it, or Samsung will replace it under warranty?

Thanks
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Explorer
Options
Just to update - I brought my phone to the store and collected it 20 minutes later fitted with a new screen protector free of charge. I was told that the first replacement of the screen protector is free but that any further replacement would be £25, which seems quite reasonable

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If it's just the screen protector.
It is something you can do if you are practiced at installing them
But otherwise it can be replaced
Personally I would just go to a Samsung Experience Store or approved repair agent, and get it replaced.
It's a folding screen, so I'd rather someone else do it and have some warranty for the work done
Some have pealed them off and using the phone without the protector. My opinion is that I would prefer to have some protection on it.

You can ask Samsung Customer Support. But not sure this would fall under a warranty claim. But you'd be better off asking them.

Screen protectors won't last that long and I'm regularly changing them on my other phones. But so far my Z Fold 4 is ok
KholaI
Options

Hey @StuPenguin 

I'd definitely advise heading to one of our Support Centres, or you can use the following link to get in touch with our Technical Support Team, and they'll be able to arrange this for you:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Explorer
Options
I got the Flip 4 at the end of August, the factory fitted screen protector has started to lift slightly as well. I went into my nearest Samsung store a couple of days ago and booked it in. My appointment is tomorrow afternoon and they confirmed that there would be no charge for the replacement
Solution
Explorer
Options
Just to update - I brought my phone to the store and collected it 20 minutes later fitted with a new screen protector free of charge. I was told that the first replacement of the screen protector is free but that any further replacement would be £25, which seems quite reasonable
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
Thanks for your info 👌
Blademan1889
Explorer
Options
My fold 3 screen started peeling off, had to send it Samsung for repair under warranty, they arranged the pick up from my home, took 10 days but now the phone is like brand new, hope it doesn't happen again