Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratch down middle of phone

(Topic created on: 30-09-2022 06:48 AM)
BigTadger
Journeyman
Options
I can't take photos at the moment as I have no other device on hand to do so. The inside screen down the crease has started to show scratches going down the centre. I wasn't worried at first but now its like it's spreading all the way up the crease and has some discolouration on some parts of the crease. I can't tell if it's the screen or the protector either. Should I be worried and go samsung shop?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Personally the first sign of anything on the crease that was not there when I purchased the phone I'd be speaking to samsung or taking it back to the samsung store.
BigTadger
Journeyman
Options
See I've had a lot of issues with the folds hardware the paint seems to come of I've had hinge replaced as it stopped opening fully flat and new screen protector 3 times lol
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Wow, that's not good. Best of look getting it sorted.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
If the phone screen is scratched then it won't affect taking pictures
Use Dropbox or Google pictures to back your pictures up. Then using a pc or laptop you can still view everything you have taken.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like it's just the screen protector.
Best thing is to contact Samsung Customer Support and book a repair.
If you can't do without your phone, ask if you can visit a local Samsung Experience Store or Service Centre to get it looked at.
I'd say to do this sooner rather than later as the issue is obviously getting worse and don't want to potentially cause any further problems.
Hopefully you get it resolved soon and continue to enjoy your device
Options
Pay OneDrive or Google £2 a month for 100gb of online data.

Google photos let's you upload and secure all pics taken on your phone.

If a prime member on Amazon, you get unlimited photo uploads with your account.

Or you can get some back up on Dropbox or MEGA app.

If there is a screen crack it won't affect anything on the phone itself or taking photos.

If the phone is less than 6 months old, take back to where you got it.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes