Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ZFold4 - Last security, firmware now over 3 month ago

(Topic created on: 14-10-2022 06:57 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

For a flagship device this is very poor.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
8 REPLIES 8
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options
Same here, stuck on July 2022. Shockingly poor for Samsung!! Apparently they're focusing their resources on Android 13 and UI 5 release but that's still no excuse.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes it's concerning that from a manufacturer like this. What's supposed to be the flagship statement device is in this situation.
I've now moved my banking Apps etc to another one of my phones that has an upto date security software.
I hope they will update it shortly so I can use it properly again
It's strange that these phones get intermittent updates anyway instead of regular monthly service
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
It was the same with the flip 4 which led me to send it back, my phone is all about banking and in the current climate security should be priority number 1 and not throwing everything at Android 13 which I have used and for the average user It's an update with a bit of fluff added to 12 nothing revolutionary.
0 Likes
Tehki8
Pathfinder
Options
Same for me too, when my phone was delivered to me two weeks ago I was expecting a firmware update to be available when setting up the phone. Especially as the firmware is currently on July 22 security update!

I have been checking the sammobile.com site firmware section, I can see that the next update F936BXXU1AVIG for the model I have which is SM-F936B is being rolled out. It's been made a available for a number of countries but seems to have stalled for Europe.

0 Likes
malk20426
Voyager
Options
My z flip 4 just got updated last week so the fold update should be around soon.
0 Likes
KenB1
Explorer
Options
Latest security patch update is now available and brings it up to September, just busy downloading it (1423.29mb)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks downloading.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I thought they were slow enough with S21 Ultra roll out , stopped to Fold 4 , still no different , all about S22 Ultra for some reason , very frustrating ....
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes