Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Z Fold 3 / Z Flip 3 - Screen protector Issue

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 11:22 PM)
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

A little advice, has anyone had there internal screen protector replaced yet due to it lifting? Mine has just started on the bottom of the screen on the crease. I know from reading around online it will gradually gets worse over time. I know this can be removed fine and it will not void warranty unless you break the screen while removing but I'd just prefer not to remove tbh as the protector well gives the screen more protection. 
I've been on support chat and they have stated I can obviously send it to samsung to have a new one fitted but the bit I'm a little afraid of is them re flashing software and it wiping my data, most is backed up but on have some things I just can't back up, online chat have said they will not delete anything but all phones I've ever sent back have come back as factory settings. I've also been told on chat I can take it to a samsung store for it to be done but I rang about this and they were not sure stores were doing this, I was promised a call back from a store a hour drive away but they've never got in contact so anyone else had any experience with this please?

Picture is below, I know it's only small currently but for a 3 month old phone it's not great and I want it sorting.

Thanks all
104 REPLIES 104
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for updating your thread @inwardnoise 

Great to hear you've now been sorted out. 👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Evilabsolute
Explorer
Options
My screen protector finally failed. Called Samsung and they sent a wefix agent out to replair on my drive. The guy took the phone and just peeled of the original protector in his van. Gave it me back and told me I don't need a screen protector, the screen works fine and went on his way. Had to call Samsung and arrange for another repair which will take 10 days. The repair team may reject the claim as the removal of the protector voids warranty. What an utter joke.....
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

The same thing happened in my phone at about the 4 month mark and now it's all the way down the center of the screen. I've been trying to get itfixed for a week. I keep getting the run around from Best Buy and Samsung it's getting very frustrating.  I think they're deliberately being difficult about it because they know it's something beyond thier control or the customers control but they don't want to refund money

Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

This is exactly how mine started now it's much worse and I've been getting the run around from Best Buy and Samsung about getting a fixed I can't seem to get anywhere.

GrumGrum
First Poster
Options

Glad it all got sorted mine started this week and by yesterday had completely gone, I logged it with Samsung at the beginning of the week just in case. Only issue is I'm out of the country now until 22/3, was going to see if when I am in NYC I can get it done.

bmbk
Journeyman
Options

Going thru the same sh*t. Was busy with S20 display issue running to samsung, now the history is repeating with another sh*tty device from Samsung.

Be prepared.

IMG-20220313-WA0020.jpg

inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Bringing back old thread, screen protector has gone again within 3 months so rang again today pick up tomorrow to get it sorted...again 🙄 apparently under warranty again so we shall see!!
0 Likes
Willwb86
Journeyman
Options

Hi there I'm having the same issue mine has peeled and bubbled had we fix come out to me twice and been to a Samsung store they refuse to replace the screen protector and want to charge me £25 but they said they never go on perfect and that there is always bubbles. If I had to pay to have this done I belive it should then be done perfectly but apparently you can't have that. Did they replace yours free of charge? Seems daft to have to pay for something that has to be on the phone and you can't help it peeling off your  £1500  phone. 

inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Sorry to hear yours has done the same 😔 all Samsung experience stores apparently have been told to charge as its a 'perishable' part but I think that's a load of bull**** I think they just don't want to do them incase the screw it up. Mines gone direct back to Samsung twice now and both times they've replaced under warranty and it's gone back on perfect but they'll machine do this so it is perfect. My first replacement lasted about 3 months and then just had it done again around week ago and this one I'm hookg holds up until upgrade time. It's a inconvenience sending it to them but at least it gets done and usually about 3-4 days turn around👍👍 sucks it's happening with the price of the phones but tbh it doesn't surprise me with foldable either.
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

They charged me $500 US dollars. 

Then when I received my phone back I tried to use my Samsung tracking tag and it wouldn't work. Samsung blew me off because I don't have a receipt for it even though they knew it didn't work because of what they did to my phone. 

I'm done with this evil conglomerate.  Last Samsung I ever buy.