Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Z flip 5 advice

(Topic created on: 31-07-2023 06:23 PM)
Renars
Voyager
Options
Hi all samsung users...
My wife is thinking to buy flip 5 and i would like to know any advice of phone please. Good things and not good. All of them. Screen, battery, camera etc. I was watching videos on YouTube but there is not user advice just expert.
Many thanks.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The phone has literally just been unveiled at Samsung Unpacked last week
So it's not actually for sale yet
That said I spent nearly a day with it last week and it's a really nice phone
Very pocketable
Cameras are really good as well from the experience I had with it
Battery life was better than I thought it would be
As for bad stuff I can't really say as I didn't encounter anything negative
The bigger front screen was definitely a good thing as it's so much more usable now
The hinge design is different now as well so get a flatter display once opened up

Best thing if you are not sure is to pop into a Samsung Experience Store or somewhere that has them on display. Have a look and see what you think

I liked it myself but I'm a Z Fold person and I've ordered the Z Fold 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
Save your money or get the fold 5
Options
Honestly just get the base s23 not into flips or folds yet personally. You have the crease and if she's a heavy user the screen will delaminate in no time
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Will have to wait and see.
The hinge design is different in the new models and the crease reduced.
The way the screen folds is different as well now.
So should reduce the issues some people were experiencing.
Though I never had any problems personally or anyone I know. It was mostly the screen protector which is a part that can be replaced
Renars
Voyager
Options
I have s23 ultra but wife wants flip not fold
0 Likes
Renars
Voyager
Options
How about screen? My wife is from Lithuania and there in shop they told that in first year u need to change screen and samsung doing that for free first time, any advice?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've never had to change a screen or screen protector on any of my Z Fold or Flip devices
For some reason, some people find the screen protector starts lifting. Not a big issue as it's there to take any damage and protect the screen
As the new phones are not out yet. It's too early to say if the new phones are more robust.
It's a wait and see
Having just last week toured the testing laboratory at Samsung. I was surprised at how tough the phones are tested
So hopefully they will last a long time
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Best foldable period, BUT only if you treat it like a fragile piece of jewellery, if you do not, it will cost you dearly and I mean with careful but abusive use.

We have a ZFlip3 and a Zflip4 in our household, I would not recommend such a phone due to the durability, yes it is amazing when folded and better when unfolded, but 

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Options
Fair enough I do hope your right be good to see the durability issues squashed
0 Likes