Did you mean: 

Samsung z flip 4

(Topic created on: 17-11-2022 05:13 AM)
Tjto
Apprentice
Options

My 3 months old flip 4😳

Is anyone has the same issue already? 

Sending back phone under warranty. The question is how long will hold the next screen 🤣

I'm nervous now if after it will happen again that the screen fails after few months. 

IMG_20221116_203848.jpg

IMG_20221116_203903.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Highly doubtful Samsung will repair it under warranty.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
LegendaryRenegade
First Poster
Options
I dropped mine at work and it popped the hinge out. After the hinge popped itself back into place, it seemed fine... A few days later it looked just like your photo 😂
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all @Tjto 

As long as the phone shows no signs of accidental damage there's no reason why a repair wouldn't be available under the Limited ² Year Manufacturers Warranty.

We have seen posts where owners have said Samsung have declined a free repair but what we don't see occasionally is the full back story as to why Samsung has taken this line.

However is also reasonable to add balance to also say even Samsung or original seller of the phone does get this wrong when assessing a phone.

I assume Samsung directly supplied the phone to you ?

If not then the Network or business who supplied the phone have the duty of care to support you.

Tech can and will fail unfortunately but we mainly only see posts here from people who are facing issues.

We don't typically see people signing upto forums to say how delighted they are with their Flip or Fold phone's. 🤔

The only encountered issue if you can call it that with my Fold³ is that the inner factory fitted screen protector delaminated after a few months of using it from launch day.

Would you let us know how you get on with this please  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would return it if possible ask for a new one.

I have the same issue with my wife's flip3, was considering a flip4.

Other option find an experience store, i spent 40 mins just on hold to them, see if they can replace the protector.

Or like another member advised me and I am now pursuing is to purchase a Whitestone screen protector and risk a DIY fit that invalidates your warranty.

When something is poor quality it needs to be called out as such.

I can see no damage to your phone or screen.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Tjto
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that. I haven't dropped it and 1st there was just a white line across in the middle and the top touchscreen has stopped working. After opening and closing a few times  I heard a cracking noise and it was just getting worse 

0 Likes
Tjto
Apprentice
Options

I bought it from Sky. Already spoke with them they are about to send a return package for repair. 

I'm kinda not comfortable about it as they deal with ANOVO who provides the worst service ever also had confirmation in the mail of the request and they put down for fault "No Power" It's already a bad start.

So am trying to claim through Samsung care + .

Will let you know the outcome.

0 Likes
williajo5022
Journeyman
Options
That's really unfortunate, I use mine every day and still looks and feels like i've just taken it out of the box...Aftercare is pretty good you might find it gets exchanged
Tjto
Apprentice
Options
They won't repair it under warranty. Will sorted it under insurance. Always had Samsung mobile and this where 1st time i had issue. Its preaty shame from Samsung that they not take responsibility of the problem.Screenshot_20221128_214948_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes