Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wallet in UK pointing to Germany?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 09:47 PM)
zs786
Journeyman
Options
My Samsung Wallet seems to be pointing to Germany on my new fold 4 that was purchased from Samsung UK directly on the .co.uk website. Im in the UK using a UK Sim card, received an email all in

German relating to Samsung Wallet and there is no option to add a debit or credit card. The only option i get is to order a Samsung Pay Debit Card offered via Solaris Bank which is a German Bank for German Customers. I have done the normal stuff:
1. Restarted Phone
2. Removed Sim and reinput the Restarted 3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Samsung Wallet 
4. Cleared Cache and Force stopped the app 

How Samsung can allow these issues to occur for a phone they are selling in the UK on their UK website is beyond me. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and been able to resolve this? 

9 REPLIES 9
Fredstar
First Poster
Options
Same issue here 😪
0 Likes
JohnMalys
Pioneer
Options
This happened with the Z Fold3 last year, general consensus was that it was related to carrier settings not getting pushed out to the phone during set-up. With mine it took about a week before the message popped up to say setting update available and everything was good after a restart.
zs786
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the info.
Been over a week have not had any message show up r.e. carrier settings. Seem like a common issue seen threads going as far back as S21 phone with same issue, just none of the threads have a resolution that a user can implement themselves. Guess ill just have to wait for an update, or if Samsung Support respond with anything useful - although won't get my hopes to high 😕
0 Likes
Sam_UK
Options

Hi @zs786  and @Fredstar ,

We can have a look into this at our end. If you'd like us to do that can you send us a Private/Direct Message to our Sam_UK account? We'd need your:

• Device Model
  • IMEI no. of the device
  • Email address

We'll then ping that info over to the relevant folks at our end to see what they advise.

(Guidance on how to send a PM/DM if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... )

Cheers,

AntS

zs786
Journeyman
Options
Thanks AntS, DM sent
streamitsteve
First Poster
Options

Have also sent a PM Sam. I have the same issue on a Fold 3. Been going round in circles with Samsung UK, Samsung Germany (app prompts me to contact Samsung.de email) and my network provider EE (who have been absolutely terrible)

Would appreciate some help on this.

Thank you

0 Likes
Venomevs
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here! I've pinged you a private message Sam, hope you can help.

0 Likes
Members_lD9Qwm0
First Poster
Options

My A53 is doing this - EE have told me to contact Samsung?

0 Likes
zs786
Journeyman
Options
Samsung pretty useless unfortunately when it comes to support. I was passed around from the phone team to Online chat teams to their technical support who asked me to phone in again! For my purpose i am just using Google wallet and it does the same thing as Samsung Pay. Until now im also still on the EUX software version and there appears no way to resolve apart from sending the phone back to Samsung for Repair which is ridiculous as this is a software issue and not to do with hardware.
0 Likes