Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung video editor not saving

(Topic created on: 28-09-2021 04:13 PM)
asad009
Apprentice
Options
Hello,
My Samsung Z fold 3 video editor has just stopped saving files while photo editor is working fine. It was working well before. Software is uptodate. Any help please?
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@asad009: Are you using the editor tool in the Gallery app > 3 lines in the bottom right > Videos > Select video > Tap the pencil symbol at the bottom of the screen? If so, what happens when you finish editing, and hit 'Save' at the top of the screen? Typically it should provide a flash notification to indicate the save location, and a notification should also be visible when you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom. 

0 Likes
asad009
Apprentice
Options
Yes I am using editor tool in Gallery. Once I finish editing, save button doesn't do anything. If I press back button, a pop up comes showing options to save or discard. Save doesn't function there either so I have no other option except discarding the edited video.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@asad009: Is this the same for all videos you try to edit? Are they stored in your internal storage, or externally? If you tap on the resolution in the top left corner during the editing process and select High Efficiency Video, does this help? Try restarting your Z Fold 3, then head to Settings > Apps > Gallery > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache. Also, check the Galaxy Store > 3 lines in the top left > Updates, to see if there are any available updates for the Gallery app that might address the issue.

0 Likes
asad009
Apprentice
Options
Thank you Andrew. It helped somehow and problem is resolved now. Many thanks.
0 Likes
Zie
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, I'm having the same problem too. My photo editor was doing ok last week but last night I tried to edit/cut/trim a video but suddenly I couldn't save it. Tried following the instructions here but it's still the same. Can someone please help me? 

0 Likes