Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung verification code not sent

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 04:35 PM)
Pickowitz
First Poster
Options

Trying to set up Samsung account but the verification code is not being sent from Samsung

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Pickowitz: Can you double check that your Z Flip is connected to a mobile network, and the signal strength is at a suitable level? Also, please go to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Samsung > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > About Samsung Account, and check for any available updates. I also recommend adding a country code to your phone number in the two step verification menu (e.g. +44) to see if this helps.
0 Likes
Paktas
First Poster
Options

I solved the two-sten no code issue by specifiying full number including country code - 00370 (for lithuania)

IamFedUpWithSettings
First Poster
Options

Yes, finally something that help and thaaat easy! It is not enough to select for example CZ and then typoing the number. You have to include the country code as well. Thanks! Than I really don´t understand why samsung inlude the country choise, it is only to make me cry?!?!

Ydiss
First Poster
Options

This is happening to me too 

I keep getting spammed by the Samsung account app on my phone telling me to log in again to get access to stuff. I tried and it asks me to verify 2 step. The problem is, I can see the mobile number it's sending the code to is not mine, isn't a number I recognise and I've never had another number.

I tried resetting my number on my account but it demands emei and serial numbers from any phone I've registered with Samsung. 

I'll be honest, I don't know if I ever have. I set up the account years ago and I don't know any old phone emei etc. I put this phones details in but they're not recognised, which doesn't surprise me, I barely use the app. 

So, just to get some peace and quiet from your invasive notifications, which cannot be disabled, I set up a new account on a different email. But it wants me to set up two step. 

Fine. I add this phone (it already adds the country code for me) and... No code. Tried three times today. 

You need to sort out your security systems. Quite how you've let my account get set up as two step with someone else's number, I'll never understand. But you need to sort it so your two step system works for new accounts. 

And what kind of nonsense security verification is it that asks for registered phone emei and serial number? As if that's something we all have lying around in our heads!

Security questions should be details only we know but are things we know! 

0 Likes
Ydiss
First Poster
Options

I can't edit (surprise!) so need to add this is an S10, not a z flip. 

Not that it matters, the issue occurs no matter where I try to log in 

0 Likes