Did you mean: 

Samsung updates ruined my phone

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 01:35 PM)
AlphaHotel
Journeyman
Options
My z fold 3 worked perfectly fine untill last months updates

No my s pen don't fold edition stopped working properly. Very convenient 
I have seen other complaints specifically with the same problem after updates.

This is unacceptable you are ruining old devices with a trojan style update in order to force people to buy a new model or upgrade.

Any you charge people half the price of a brand new phone just to look at and fix a z fold. This is not on you are ruining customer confidence.
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AlphaHotel  Have you tried much Troubleshooting?  It is advisable to clear the cache partition after updates by the following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

it would also be beneficial to repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.  Another option is to run your device in safe Mode, if issues solved there would pinpoints issue with 3rd party app.https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

in the event of continuing issues you can send an error report, Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.

whilst some have issues following updates  no evidence this linked to promoting upgrades.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please try what @JAMES4578 has mentioned.

Aslo after an update its always best to check for app updates in both Samsung and Google store.
AlphaHotel
Journeyman
Options
Perfect I will give the solution James provided and see if it works
Twathead
First Poster
Options
I hate my new update.... I want to change to apple.... All the buttons dont correspond to before????? Annoying Nd absolutely stupid
Members_ENP5d96
First Poster
Options

Have same issue last update i make couple days ago. 

0 Likes
lettie111
First Poster
Options
Same here. Never had a problem with my phone. A friend told me she always updates and that they're perfectly safe. I updated my phone 1 well ago and it's ruined. Glitching and flashing. Won't swype type.
No wonder her phones always have issues. I will never update my phone again. I feel so disappointed that Samsung would do this and not allow it to be reversed. I feel duped.
0 Likes