Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung trade in issue.

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 03:17 PM)
Yash92
Pioneer
Options

So to start my story i bought a zflip 4 bespoke edition whilst taking advantage of the £250 trade in offer.
I waited to 3 weeks to get the phone only for it to have a faulty display 3 days later,i had already sent in my trade in device within that 3 days.

So due to the flip 4 being faulty i was told i needed a refund as they won't exchange due to it being bespoke, i said thats fine and was then told to wait for my trade in device to be returned to me before remaking my order, so i called the trade in team to ask for my device back and i was told i need to give them a copy of the refund samsung gave me, which took 7 days and in that time the trade in team said they would keep my device on hold. After giving them the proof needed i was assured i would get my device back.

This all happened in September it is now November and i've been told they have recycled my device and i took too long to request the device back ? I was told multiple times in September and October that they already mailed the phone back to me and now they've decided to blame me for everything and offered me £5 compensation . . 

I have proof of everything and sure it is illegal for them to basically steal the device and recycle it after telling me they would send me it back seeing as it is my property. Has anyone else dealt with this sort of situation and what can i do ?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
£5 !!!!!!!!
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
Wow.. i have also been left without a phone. Took advantage of the trade in, then 14 days later the Flip 4 went flop after 14 days. I do not mind if tech fails, it is the customer care and after sales i have the problem with. I have been left with no option but to contact trading standards once they actually Send the photos of the "physical damage" that is not covered under Samsungs warranty.
0 Likes
Yash92
Pioneer
Options

I've had to send samsung the emails from the trade in team who are blaming me, which clearly shows them lying constantly, i don't get why im treated like this i'm only wanting to buy a new phone from them X_X

In regards to your issue i hope you took pictures before you sent in the device, because a long time ago they repaired my note 10 plus, it came back scratched to high heaven, and they swore they did nothing and after a few weeks and proof from my end they fixed it and returned it in new condition.

0 Likes
Yash92
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, i was told and i quote "We will give you £2 but boost it to £5 as a goodwill gesture" like im sorry is theft and a fiver a goodwill gesture i don't think so.

0 Likes