Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung refuse to repair my Z Flip

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 10:04 AM)
godfreys48
First Poster
Options

When my husband bought me a Samsung Z Flip 5G mobile phone for my birthday, I was really pleased with it. I like the way that it folds neatly into my pocket or bag and I can take snaps and see messages on the cover screen, without opening it.

Eight months later, the cover screen stopped working. I had it fixed under warranty. 10 months later, the cover screen stopped working again. This time, I have been told that I have invalidated the warranty by dropping it as there are some dead pixels on the main screen near the hinge due to impact damage. It will cost nearly £500 to repair both faults and restore the warranty. I hadn’t noticed the main screen damage and as far as I’m concerned, it is working fine. I can't remember when I dropped it, but I probably have done in the 18 months I've had it. I do not believe that the impact affected the cover screen, which was working fine one day and not the next and I definitely did not drop it over that day. I want the cover screen fixed, either under warranty or by paying the repair fee, which is approximately £80.

Samsung refused to do this.

They explained that they have a policy to repair all the parts needed to bring the phone back to warranty status during the two-year term and do not do part-repairs, so I will have to pay £500. As an alternative, they suggested that I trade it in for £250 and spend £00s on a new phone. Apparently when the warranty has expired, I might be able to have just the cover screen repaired for the relevant fee.

I choose to do nothing.

This is extremely frustrating. I am now stuck with a partly working phone and am very unlikely to recommend either  Samsung or a flip/fold phone.

13 REPLIES 13
Members_TSTuxMk
First Poster
Options

Just experienced this very thing myself. Phone went in for stuck pixels. TNT First turned around and have said the screen is dented, which is utter bs and i've raised a complaint with them. I feel Trading Standards needs making aware of this.

I too am very reluctant to purchase a Samsung device ever again.

0 Likes
Options

I’m in the same boat.    Basically I’ve chosen to never buy Samsung again after 20 years. Also been given a bill of 400£ for a fault which they’ve pinned on me.  What to do the light crack on the the left beginning of the fold. I wish I can take it further as have had it 3 months.   Please help. 

0 Likes
Members_SjPmXHU
Apprentice
Options

I agree no longer going to support Samsung, spread the word let them die out, I'll be switching in the future to Elon's Solar power Tesla phone.

0 Likes
chopkins
Student
Options

We've had problem recently with flip phone: bought it four months ago, last week screen stopped working around the crevice. Took into EE store to go for repair, they said fine looks good, and then a few days later a call saying 'it'll be £300 to fix the screen (internal) because of some scuff marks on the outer casing' (the usual from being in a bag most days. Total scam on Samsung's part with this dodgy flip screen 

0 Likes