Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung promotion issue

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 12:02 AM)
ajscott99
Student
Options
I bought the Fold 4 via Sky mobile who advertised a minimum of £250 off when you trade in any smartphone in any condition. The link on the sky website takes you to samsung promotions. On the samsung promotions  site you have to put in the IMEI number of the phone you want to trade in. The site is incorrectly identifying my phone as an iphone xs when it is an  iphone 6s. Which shouldn't matter according to the advertising. But i am.only getting offered £1 for my phone imstead of the £250 minumum, as i have to select "other iphone" from the drop down menu. I have spoken to sky who say it is samsungs promotion, so i spoke to Samsung and they said it is Skys problem. Neither of them are helping. Can anyone advise me? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all @ajscott99 

As your going through Sky then they have a duty of care to assist you with this as they are the seller.

I appreciate it's a link to Samsung as Sky is promoting the promotion to entice customers into buying but ultimately Sky should help.

If you Key your imei number into this site is the phone being correctly identified  ?

https://www.imei.info/ 

If not then there maybe something amiss with the iPhone to which Apple are going to need to help with.

Unfortunately Samsung can't override what the imei is showing the phone as.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ajscott99
Student
Options
Thank you for your reply-i tried that website you posted and it does correctly identify my old phone as a 6s so there does seem to be an issue with the samsung website. I will go back to sky today and see if they can help.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @ajscott99 

I hope this resolves for you so you can take advantage of the promotion.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes