Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay not working - Fold 3

(Topic created on: 24-08-2021 11:50 AM)
Members_jm1meer
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Pay does not work on a new UK Fold 3, the phone was supplied directly from Samsung UK (I am in the UK and my network in Vodafone UK).

But I get a message in what looks like German - "Bezahl mit einem Swipe. leider ist clein........"

Any idea how to fix this?

Samsung were unhelpful and unconcerned when I tried to get help from the chat service, how is it that Samsung UK think this is OK.

32 REPLIES 32
monty77uk
First Poster
Options

Nice!  Is there a way to force this?  Or wait patiently? 

0 Likes
Natmanclax
Journeyman
Options
Thank for the update, to clarify this for future use:

Turn WiFi off and you will receive a notification from the network provider to restart the system, do this. On reboot the application will work.
Members_xMXHXDr
Apprentice
Options

I've left wifi off for the last couple of days and not received any notification from the network provider. Also tried the wifi off, unplug sim, power down, reinsert SIM and power back on process and no luck there either.

In the process of changing provider anyway so will see if SIM card from another company fixes it.

0 Likes
Akmaleseya
Apprentice
Options
Mine z fold 3 uk. Fixed
All I did is switched the WiFi off and uninstall samsung pay app. And than went to Google play store and tried redownloading samsung pay app. And than I've got a message saying that I need to restart my phone to get the service provider update. After restarting I have reinstalled samsung pay app. Now its working.
Thanks to Natmanclax -I have improvised
Natmanclax
Journeyman
Options
Fingers crossed for you, it seems that the network provider restart message is key to solving this issue.
0 Likes
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Hi folks, we're sorry to hear that you have had issues accessing Samsung Pay on your new phone. 

Some great tips from our fellow users and recommend: 

1. Turn off your phone (this will trigger any available updates to be prompted to you) 
  2. Turn your phone back on
  3. Check for Software Updates in Settings 
  4. Turn off WiFi
  5. Uninstall and reinstall Samsung Pay

Please note that due to changes in the device, you will always see the EUX CSC in Settings. 

If you continue to have issues please let us know: 

• What network are you on?
  • Do you use a VPN on your phone?
  • What country you are in (we have a lot of non-UK members of the Community)

Thanks, SachikoT

0 Likes
Members_xMXHXDr
Apprentice
Options

So finally got a carrier service update yesterday which fixed Samsung Pay. The "Service Provider Software Version" changed from EUX/-/EUX to EUX/-/EUX/EUX

Is EUX a "Bad Thing" meaning slower or non-existent updates or do we need to poke things to make it work the way it was meant to? I quite liked the regular updates on my last phone.

I'm on Vodafone in the UK and don't use a VPN. This happened on two phones, and I know for a fact that the SIM card was inserted properly before the phone was powered on them, though the first step of your setup program is to connect to WIFI so it is that stage that broke something?

0 Likes
blahblah1
First Poster
Options
I want to cancel samsung pay how do I do it ?
0 Likes
Akmaleseya
Apprentice
Options
Mine z fold 3 uk. Fixed
All I did is switched the WiFi off and uninstall samsung pay app. And than went to Google play store and tried redownloading samsung pay app. And than I've got a message saying that I need to restart my phone to get the service provider update. After restarting I have reinstalled samsung pay app. NOW IT'S WORKING.
0 Likes
Gilbs1
Pioneer
Options
An update has been done, mine is all working now
0 Likes