Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay not working - Fold 3

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 08:25 PM)
Members_jm1meer
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Pay does not work on a new UK Fold 3, the phone was supplied directly from Samsung UK (I am in the UK and my network in Vodafone UK).

But I get a message in what looks like German - "Bezahl mit einem Swipe. leider ist clein........"

Any idea how to fix this?

Samsung were unhelpful and unconcerned when I tried to get help from the chat service, how is it that Samsung UK think this is OK.

32 REPLIES 32
Cah000
First Poster
Options
Same problem here as well.
Natmanclax
Journeyman
Options
Hello all,

After purchasing a Fold 3 from the UK online store and receiving the device a week early, the Samsung Pay app is requesting an update in German and I'm unable to proceed further with the application.

The device is updated, the app is updated and restarting the device and reinstalling the app still causes issues.
The phone has been reset and everything re-set up and still no fix.

Google Pay is working, however I have a Galaxy watch 3 that can't use Google pay. This issue has a direct effect on the watch as it's unable to set up or download the watch application due to errors on the phone app side.

If anyone has any other suggestions or fix, it would be very welcomed.
0 Likes
Natmanclax
Journeyman
Options
This is the screen shown on the device. With an availability check, followed swiftly by the German screen and incorrect information for the device.Screenshot_20210822-195126_Samsung Pay.jpgScreenshot_20210822-195138_Samsung Pay.jpgScreenshot_20210822-195117_Samsung Pay.jpg
0 Likes
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Sadly you're not alone, same thing with my z flip 3. Samsung are aware hopefully we'll get a fix soon
Natmanclax
Journeyman
Options
Hope so soon, I'm handing in a device too. If its not fixed I might need to return the fold until this issue has a fix. Surprised that there was nobody testing any device being sent out early for the last second massive problems.
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
I know the feeling, my note 10+ due to be sent back but really need Samsung Pay working first!
0 Likes
Members_7Tx8b54
Student
Options

I was told that I was the only one with this problem. I was even told to factory reset my phone after spending 3-days putting in 3 years worth of info from the old one. None of the suggested fixes work including clearing cache and data. 

0 Likes
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
You're definitely not the only one! I'm hoping this gets resolved in the next day or two as this really isn't good enough for a flagship phone launch
Chrizh
Journeyman
Options
FYI I had the same problem up until this morning. The only thing I did differently was opened Samsung Pay from the front screen (folded) and also activated my Vodafone physical SIM. I previously only had my EE eSim activated.

Or simply, Samsung pushed an update to the app. I was prompted to install the update when launching the app.

Either way, it works now.
Members_jm1meer
Journeyman
Options

Great news.

Carrier OTA update received and a Samsung Pay update installed..... check your phones.

Looks like Samsung fixed the problem.

The phone still shows as being EUX but  now Samsung Pay works. 

0 Likes