Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay not working - Fold 3

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 01:10 PM)
Members_jm1meer
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Pay does not work on a new UK Fold 3, the phone was supplied directly from Samsung UK (I am in the UK and my network in Vodafone UK).

But I get a message in what looks like German - "Bezahl mit einem Swipe. leider ist clein........"

Any idea how to fix this?

Samsung were unhelpful and unconcerned when I tried to get help from the chat service, how is it that Samsung UK think this is OK.

32 REPLIES 32
AndrewL
Options

@Members_jm1meer: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with Samsung Pay on the Galaxy Z fold3. A few customers experienced a similar issue at the launch of the S21 series, therefore please can you check the link below and follow the steps in the accepted solution to see if this helps? 

Solved: No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC - Samsung Community

0 Likes
JohnMalys
Pioneer
Options
Hi Andrew, those steps don't appear to work and there are many other people with the same issue. Another Moderator called DannyT posted yesterday that it was being investigated. It's a serious problem for Samsung as it means we are unable to receive the latest security patch
JohnMalys
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Members_jm1meer
Journeyman
Options

AndrewL,

Please please stop wasting every ones time, that process and non of the other user processes work.

Why don't you stop posting these nonsense solutions and ask some one who knows what they are doing to fix it please....

Jay217
Pioneer
Options

Issue seems to be because the devices are running EUX (EU software) instead of EUA (UK software). Any devices running EUX will allow set up in English, but Samsung Pay will be in German. There will be a software update coming to fix it... when or what it is I don't know. Possibly a second language set up for Samsung Pay? Or OTA update that will change EUX to EUA (BTU).

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Tried switching off WiFi, taking sim out, shutting down phone, turn back, put sim in and wait

Tried factory reset and setup on mobile data prior to restoring backed up data. Setup reported that it couldn't connect to the carrier for some reason even though it showed a full 4G signal and all other setup and restoration functions worked fine over mobile data. It was midnight by that point so I wasn't prepared to try again.

Neither "solution" fixed this issue.

And frankly, I didn't pay £1'500 for a phone to have one of its functions crippled because the setup wizard didn't work properly with no way to force the phone acquire the correct software version that doesn't involve wasting hours at a time wiping it.
Members_jm1meer
Journeyman
Options

I will be returning the Fold 3 unless this problem is fixed with the 14 day cooling off period. 

Support was hopeless.

Samsung have already tried to suggest some sort of user error by saying nonsense about putting the sim in after set up. Typical of support people trying to shirk.

Samsung need to step in and provide some assurances asap before this escalates.

0 Likes
Chrizh
Journeyman
Options
Same problem. I hope Samsung are working on a fix ASAP.Screenshot_20210822-150436_Samsung Pay_5310.jpg
0 Likes