Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Music not showing on cover screen

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 03:04 PM)
kc364
First Poster
Options
When i am playing music through Samsung Music, the widget on the cover screen of my z flip3 does not show that anything is playing, instead of showing the current song it simply says "no music is playing", not allowing me to skip a track or see what is playing at all. has anyone else got this issue?
Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
DrSixFiddy
Student
Options

This worked for me!

Thank you very much!

DrSixFiddy
Student
Options

This worked for me;

Hey, I had the exact same problem. What worked for me is if you go Settings > Apps> your chosen music app > turn on notifications> Notifications categories > turn on playback notifications (can turn off the other notifications you don't want) and should work. I've done this with all my music and podcast apps, they all work now!

0 Likes
Asif Mohamed
First Poster
Options

My cover screen wouldn't show the podcast I was playing in Google podcasts.  I tried all of the above and it didn't work, but I tried the suggestion below and this worked:

OPTIONS
Galaxy S

Hi, Could you try resetting app preference and check.

Launch your Settings > Apps

Tap on 3 dots

Select Reset app preferences

Tap on Reset to complete an action.

0 Likes
Kingpinxx
Explorer
Options

Thanks Asif, 

I tried it and still no luck. I appreciate the tip. I'm lost as I've tried everything short of wiping my phone back up factory reset. Glad it worked for you.  Cheers

0 Likes
Mrs j
First Poster
Options

This worked for me so thanks 😊 ☺️ 

Crabbyc
First Poster
Options

LAR25's solution worked for me, I'm using Samsung Music but I had to open the app first BEFORE closing the cover or it just would say "no music playing".  After his solution it works great.

0 Likes
Jans8
Student
Options

Thank you LAR25, you are a legend!!! I thank you many times and appreciably muchly! My Spotify is working on the cover screen now and be able to play back and forward without has to flip open the phone. You're complete and accurate informations have saved me from my own stress. I am so so happy right now, thanks again for your kindness to share your thought with me and the rest of us in here 👍😊

Jans8
Student
Options

Thank you LAR25, you are a legend!!! I thank you many times and much appreciate! My Spotify is working on the cover screen now and be able to play back and forward without has to flip open the phone. You're complete and accurate informations have saved me from my own stress. I am so so happy right now, thanks again for your kindness to share your thought with me and the rest of us in here 👍😊

0 Likes
Members_1QMOO5x
First Poster
Options
  • Hi! I tried your solution fixing the music play issue and it worked ❤ thank you for sharing it!
EPRN
First Poster
Options

Go to settings >apps>the app you want to play music on > notifications > notification categories at the bottom >select all of the options 

0 Likes