Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG FOLD 3 Warranty/Repair Issues

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 01:09 AM)
Mattp42
Journeyman
Options

Today I have experienced the worst customer service to date. I recently tried to have the small front screen protector replaced professionally and  I was willing to pay. I was advised by Samsung Support to go through their repair centre, they asked me to check the main screen was not lifting as well. If it was lifting warranty would probably cover the replacement of the front screen protector as well. I noticed the screen was very slightly lifting and called Samsung Support to update my notes. I took images with my phone as evidence of the screen lifting (images with phone on). The phone was collected by DPD which was also terrible experience as the courier threw all the packaging containing the special packaging to send the phone at myself and on the floor. I have security footage of these events. DPD just gave me an apology when I complained and told me they could not receive the footage. Today I received a quote from TMT First Repairs telling me I had damaged my main screen and that it would cost me £409 to replace and no supporting evidence. Obviously I was not very happy about this quote and contacted Samsung Support to discuss that I could not understand the so called damage. The agent then contacted TMT to be told I must of pressed to hard on the screen to cause the lifting. The agent explained I would have to pay or contact the repair centre myself. When I asked to speak to higher management he explained there was no one to talk to and that it was up to me to resolve. I contacted TMT who told me I had punctured the screen somehow and sent me photos of the screen (images below with phone off). Even though this was a different explanation from the agent he then went on to say the spine cover had signs of cosmetic damage and this put the phone out of warranty anyway. Samsung warranty is not affected by cosmetic damage only screen cracks, deep scratches and anything else which affects the operational function of the phone. I then contacted Samsung Support again and explained the situation, the agent agreed he could not understand their findings and also the fact his colleague told me I could not escalate the issue. He raised the issue with his manager who also agreed and then transferred me to customer complaints. The customer complaints agent explained that the repair engineer could not of damaged my phone and that the damage according to the repair engineer placed my phone out of warranty. The only thing he could do is raise a 'damage in transit investigation, 10-14days for an answer'. Once again no one higher up to speak to??? Why will they not just authorise the work??? It seems to me they're finding any excuse to make money out of their own loyal customers on a failing phone design. I wish I had never bought this phone, I had to wait 3months just to get it when first purchased. Today I have spent 4 stressful hours on the phone to basically get nowhere and now wait a further 14days to probably get no positive result. THANKS SAMSUNG NO.1 CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Photos attached Let me know your thoughts??

20220725_153809.jpg

20220725_153713.jpg

20220729_084432[1] (2).jpg

20220729_084200[1] (1).jpg

OTH_353249141393450.jpg

35 REPLIES 35
Mattp42
Journeyman
Options

Update:

The Good Then The Bad Unfortunately. 

Well I actually got a good response from Samsung and they agreed to complete the repair work under warranty and explained none of the damage voided the warranty (as I stated in the first place). Only problem now is I received my phone damaged. Yesterday it was delivered by DPD (who tried to deliver my phone to a neighbour first????) but the repair work completed by TMT First has actually damaged my front screen/bezel (see image below) during the breakdown and reassembly. The breakdown and reassembly is standard practice to make sure the phone is received back almost as new (stated by the Samsung agent). In 15mins of receiving my mobile I was back on the phone to report everything and emailed the evidence. Now I'm waiting for a reply to find out the next step.

20220805_115538.jpg

20220805_115534.jpg

20220805_114326.jpg

20220805_115534.jpg

20220805_115551.jpg

Please find attached below images of my front screen taken by TMT before the repair. Also does anyone know why I also have such a large gap between the front screen and top bezel??? See last image above. That doesn't look right. I can't remember seeing anything like this prior the work. 

20220729_084200[1] (1) (1).jpg

OTH_353249141393450b.jpg

As you can see the phone was perfect prior the repair.

0 Likes
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Nah that's not right, and neither is the glue coming out
0 Likes
NINJER
Explorer
Options

Same issue on my Z fold 3 

I have 1 light ding, and first my screen protector came off.
I was told to just leave it off.
3 months later my glass has been flaking off.
They won't repair and say my damage caused the screen to crack.
If damage cracked the screen it would certainly be more than the photos I posted.IMG_1023.JPGIMG_1021.JPGimage2.jpeg
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Fold/Fold-3-outer-screen-issue/m-p/1970552/redirect_from_...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Fold/Z-Fold-3-inner-screen-cracked/m-p/2119050/redirect_f...

0 Likes
NINJER
Explorer
Options

As of now, a Samsung Australia Service manager has called me back and rectified the issue,
they will honour repair.

0 Likes
Dio69
Explorer
Options

Same issue here zflip3 screen cracked at the fold. Warranty repair turned down as there is damage to the phone. TMT want £309 to replace, I've asked Samsung support to escalate my case, they said there isn't anywhere to escalate to! Shocking that any marks on the phone, even unrelated to the issue you need repairing, void the warranty 

0 Likes
Members_p4E7QQ9
First Poster
Options

I too am having an issue with tmt and Samsung as I'd sent them my phone reporting that it doesn't charge or want to power up once the battery has run flat. 

Their response was i have a scratch to the hinge and my device will need a new inner screen and battery at the cost of £479 !!, i challenged tmt stating everyone's common faults and she simply said that the inner screen was a common fault and she's sorry that samsung guidelines say the scratch to hinge voids my warrenty.

Very sad that time and effort was wasted only to be given a scripted response by any advisers or managers.

Tyson is the manager of samsung customer support  in chertsey S97 3FJ and gave no aid apart from to connect me to TMT'S useless customer service. 

Prior to receiving an invoice for the £479 hassan of the same support senter in chertsey stated my phone would be repaired under warrenty but tyson said he was wrong for this and the repair would not be honored. 

I'm deflated from dealing with samsung and that will be the last samsung device I will ever purchase and strongly advise people do the same. 

I will try again to come to a resolution but its like talking to a brick wall. 

Save yourself and dont buy samsung devices !! 

Mattp42
Journeyman
Options
Just an update on the amazing customer service of Samsung. My phone was damaged by the repair centre only to take a week before being collected again due to the arrangements not being processed which meant I had to call and go through the same issues with customer complaints. No contact for 3 weeks from the repair centre, once contacted they couldn't understand why the phone had been returned???? I had to explain the obvious faults which the employee then agreed and was also wondering what the large gap was at the top of my phone. Really fills me with confidence when a repair centre can't see the obvious faults, that samsung training must be really paying off. The employee then explained how they would speak to the ENGINEER WHO COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG!!! and contact me on the Monday. Well I didn't hear anything until a got a text message 2weeks later from DPD that they were delivering my phone in 2hours. This time my phone had been repaired correctly apart from the fact the small screen had no factory fitted screen protector. This screen protector was the only reason I contacted samsung over 2 months ago to have it professionally replaced and instead has snowballed into an epic adventure of complete disappointment. The phone came back with no protective films and in a bubble bag with both ends ripped so when I picked it up the phone dropped out luckily on to the foam padding on return packagjng. I contacted Samsung customer service complaints department and explained the issue, as usual they tried every explanation of why the phone came back with no screen protector etc, the operator then said he would have to review my account for 10mins. 10mins later I was cut off and never called back. So I called back again and went through the same process where the operator tried to explain that the screen protector was an accessory, no its not its factory fitted and you are advised not to remove either screen protectors. After arguing for 45mins he finally agreed to send the phone back. I made the point that a colleague had explained they would give me a good will gesture as I'm paying £80 a month for a phone not in my possession and all the faults were Samsungs responsibility. Great a £20 gift voucher for amazon 👏, that is the most appalling offer ever. £20 voucher after all the money, time and effort I have made just to get my phone back is embarrassing. A company who is world leader in technology and prides itself on customer service 🤣🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
Mattp42
Journeyman
Options
The complaints department even offered to arrange for me to be sent a screen protector and fit it myself, you have to be joking. I'm really struggling to take this complaint department seriously, it seems to me they are not in place to help a consumer/customer but just work out a way of not being responsible. The problem is it keeps failing and are getting caught out!!!!
0 Likes
BertCA
First Poster
Options

Recently I had an issue with my Samsung Fold 3, Black line in the center of the inner screen and right side touch screen unusable anymore. According from Samsung support I have to pay for this repair because my phone is out of warranty anymore, 13 months as of today. I agreed that it was out of warranty period already but I told them that this issue is a KNOWN product issue since in Samsung Fold 2.

Before the release of Fold 3, they mentioned that this issue was corrected and that time I decided to have this phone once it will be available and I did pre-order after that.

I'm a Samsung product user from phones, galaxy watches, SSD and NVMe but because the way the handle with their product support, I decided not to use their products anymore and I'm returning my Galaxy watch Pro 5 to the store which I just purchased less than a month ago.

P.S.  I just received the email from Samsung that they can not post my negative

reviewIMG_0378 (2).JPG

Members_3LNi1FI
First Poster
Options

Tmt are a bunch of fraudsters and so are Samsung. Your just another mug who bought this phone with an underlying screen fault. I went through the same issues and exactly the same responses from Samsung and tmt. End result screen has damage. I asked them to prove to me it had been damaged by me yet no supporting evidence. End result they say pay 430 pounds or go suck eggs. Even dick Turpin wore a mask. Daylight robbery. Absolutely shambolic and diabolical customer service. It's an open and closed argument. It should be repaired under warranty yet any excuse to avoid repair without payment