Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG FOLD 3 Warranty/Repair Issues

(Topic created on: 29-07-2022 07:22 PM)
Mattp42
Journeyman
Options

Today I have experienced the worst customer service to date. I recently tried to have the small front screen protector replaced professionally and  I was willing to pay. I was advised by Samsung Support to go through their repair centre, they asked me to check the main screen was not lifting as well. If it was lifting warranty would probably cover the replacement of the front screen protector as well. I noticed the screen was very slightly lifting and called Samsung Support to update my notes. I took images with my phone as evidence of the screen lifting (images with phone on). The phone was collected by DPD which was also terrible experience as the courier threw all the packaging containing the special packaging to send the phone at myself and on the floor. I have security footage of these events. DPD just gave me an apology when I complained and told me they could not receive the footage. Today I received a quote from TMT First Repairs telling me I had damaged my main screen and that it would cost me £409 to replace and no supporting evidence. Obviously I was not very happy about this quote and contacted Samsung Support to discuss that I could not understand the so called damage. The agent then contacted TMT to be told I must of pressed to hard on the screen to cause the lifting. The agent explained I would have to pay or contact the repair centre myself. When I asked to speak to higher management he explained there was no one to talk to and that it was up to me to resolve. I contacted TMT who told me I had punctured the screen somehow and sent me photos of the screen (images below with phone off). Even though this was a different explanation from the agent he then went on to say the spine cover had signs of cosmetic damage and this put the phone out of warranty anyway. Samsung warranty is not affected by cosmetic damage only screen cracks, deep scratches and anything else which affects the operational function of the phone. I then contacted Samsung Support again and explained the situation, the agent agreed he could not understand their findings and also the fact his colleague told me I could not escalate the issue. He raised the issue with his manager who also agreed and then transferred me to customer complaints. The customer complaints agent explained that the repair engineer could not of damaged my phone and that the damage according to the repair engineer placed my phone out of warranty. The only thing he could do is raise a 'damage in transit investigation, 10-14days for an answer'. Once again no one higher up to speak to??? Why will they not just authorise the work??? It seems to me they're finding any excuse to make money out of their own loyal customers on a failing phone design. I wish I had never bought this phone, I had to wait 3months just to get it when first purchased. Today I have spent 4 stressful hours on the phone to basically get nowhere and now wait a further 14days to probably get no positive result. THANKS SAMSUNG NO.1 CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Photos attached Let me know your thoughts??

20220725_153809.jpg

20220725_153713.jpg

20220729_084432[1] (2).jpg

20220729_084200[1] (1).jpg

OTH_353249141393450.jpg

35 REPLIES 35
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you've raised in your post @Mattp42 

Certainly not a good experience at all.

I had delamination on the internal screen which I resolved by carefully peeling off and now use rhe phobe without a screen protector.

The screen protector on the front display has no issues and if it did I'd replace it with a Whitestone Glass Screen Protector.

The display itself isn't raising in anyway.

Did Samsung supply the phone directly to you ?

What region / country are you in may I ask ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
yet another person suffering at the hands of Samsung. There are so many reports now and Samsung still won't accept any responsibility. Such a shame.
Chris B
Journeyman
Options

TMT First are truly appalling (as I have now experienced). 

Just read the Google reviews and the TrustPilot reviews and see just how many people have been scammed by this company. 

ZFold3, Tab s7+, Tab A (2016)
0 Likes
Chris B
Journeyman
Options

I will be preparing a portfolio of complaints to present to UK Trading Standards about this unethical and repeated shoddy business practise. 

Anyone else with issues, please post here and I will collate all the evidence. 

ZFold3, Tab s7+, Tab A (2016)
Mattp42
Journeyman
Options

Did anyone manage to find the so called puncture mark????

20220729_084432[1] (2).jpg

There's nothing wrong with my phone except the fact the top right of the crease has started to lift. 

20220725_153742.jpg

20220725_153809.jpgOn their photo (first image) if you zoom in really close you can see an extremely tiny mark which is ridiculous. Surely thats what the screen protector is for, obviously this tiny mark has not affected the screen performance. There is nothing wrong with the display (shown above). Final excuse to void the warranty a very slight scruff.

20220729_084200[1] (1).jpg

Samsung warranty states none of these issues void the warranty shown below.

chrome_screenshot_1659209466814.png

My phone functionality is perfect. All this trouble just to get the front screen protector replaced by Samsung, unbelievable. 

0 Likes
MC Gin
Journeyman
Options

I have my  zfold 3 phone screen saver started opening in the middle. without knowing the details i took it phone repair shop near me he suggested it's not advice to replace original screen protector and told me to contact the Samsung customer service.as i only bought in December 2021 and still under warranty  so I called Samsung and they sent me a ups pick up label and I mailed it to them. In order to continue use my phone I bought a Samsung note 20 ultra and started using it after mailing the z fold. Two days later I got email from Samsung that my original quote of 0 cost to me is changed to 550 usd, as it it's out of warranty.  so I called Samsung and asked why then they tell me that my phone is out of warranty. I was surprised  as I only bought it 8 months ago and still have the warranty so I wasn't happy with the answer I asked for supervisor but they said it will be the same answer from them too without even letting me talk to them. I still insist to talk to supervisor and they scheduled a phone call from Samsung with 48 to 72 hrs I didn't get within but I got a call and he does the same and tells me that their technician won't give them details and no pictures of what damage was not covered as I asked them send me what else damage is out of warranty they won't send you any details and threaten me to mail the phone without repairing. So I requested another manager to speak to me and he gives me the same answer that no one will be helping me without paying the repair fee and will give me the same answer. This is ridiculous as we go to any repairs shop they show us what is damaged and explain the details.

I can't understand that Samsung being this many issues with fold phones and trying to blame the users that we didn't use properly my phone issue was just screen saver bubbled in the middle and they said lcd is not working  my lcd was working fine when I sent the phone. It's just bad that denying customers issues.

Screenshot_20220731-123258_Yahoo Mail.jpg

0 Likes
Mattp42
Journeyman
Options

I'm in the UK and I purchased the phone through Vodafone who had exclusive pre-order available. I still waited an extra 3 months from the actual release date. Vodafone even started my contract from the release date for a phone I did not actually possess. Samsung could not meet the demand. Once I received the phone I had to apply for Samsung to supply me the protective case and stylus which took another 3 weeks. I refrained from using the phone till I had the protective case due to it's value, so basically 4 months to start using my phone.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mattp42 

In regards to the period of time it took Vodafone Uk to supply the phone to your contract starting Vodafone would probably have assumed you could use the sim card in another phone until their phone was supplied.

Vodafone will have ordered so many of these phone's from Samsung and I'm more inclined to think they took more new contract orders and new upgrades on them than they initially ordered from Samsung hence the delay. They always over sell incase some people suffer from buyers remorse and cancel.

If you couldn't which would be backed up by no call, text or data allowances used in that period you could ask customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM for a credit to your account.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Also if your on a Vodafone evo plan where you pay for yohr phone and tariff separately then you could also ask for a credit for this too.

The Samsung Starter Kit which I also recieved i.e the sPen,  case and charging brick is a Samsung promotion which Vodafone will have just applied to their offering on their page. This does have to be claimed for as per the promotional criteria set by Samsung.

As Vodafone supplied the phone directly to you and not Samsung then Vodafone have a duty of care under the warranty to help as they are the seller of the phone which is part of the consumer laws explained in > Consumer-rights-act-2015. 

That said Samsung would also try to help.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Exact same issue here with tmt first and samsung support. Shocking
0 Likes