Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG DOES NOT VALID THE WARRANTY OF MY GALAXY Z FLIP

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 10:08 PM)
ALEJAMATZ
First Poster
Options

I drop my Galaxy Z Flip, took it to the shop, they charge over $500 USD to repair the screen, in less than 3 months the phone presented failure when opening the phone on the screen, when I took it to the shop they didn´t accept the warranty that I had from my previous reparation. I´ve had all kind of SAMSUNG GALAXY PHONES, never had a problem, until now, do not buy this phone. 

7 REPLIES 7
MThurlow96
First Poster
Options
Yeah, I'm not too keen on having one of these, plus I have heard people complaining about issues. Rather avoid.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you further clarify what you mean by this please.  >   " when I took it to the shop they didn´t accept the warranty that I had from my previous reparation "

Samsung apply a Limited 2 year manufacturers warranty on their phones which I'm assuming is also the case in the region you live in @ALEJAMATZ 

For Samsung to deny support under the warranty normally means they've assessed the issue with the phone and determined the issues are from accidental damage.

Is this the case with your phone ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @ALEJAMATZ  Accidental damage is not covered under standard  warranty,this from uk site would be same in US.

"The warranty does not cover accidental damage. If your device has a smashed or cracked screen, this will be deemed out of warranty. If the device has deep scratches or dents that cause the device not to operate, this would also be classed as out of warranty"

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-warranty-status-of-my-samsung-mobile-d... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Andymyth
Student
Options
You start your post by saying you dropped it , so you broke it , how is that a warranty issue ?
KellyDS
Student
Options

the slightest thing renders the warranty invalid, I apparently have a 'scuff' on my phone which invalidates the warranty, I've had the phone for 12 months, I would say this is normal wear and tear.  These phones obviously have a known issue which customers are being charged for, do not buy a flip or fold product

missydb
Apprentice
Options
Anyone else being shafted by Samsung? Both of my Fold 4 phones have screens where the film has lifted. A scratch on the bottom of one phone, that is honestly nowhere near the lifting was enough for them to invalidate the warranty. Both phones under a year old. I am SO disappointed. It surely cat just be me?
0 Likes
Members_iVZcOtb
First Poster
Options

its not just you, im trying to fight them cause this is a total nonsense!

0 Likes