Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Deals UK v US

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 03:22 PM)
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

As usual we can see the UK (and presumably other regions, being left wanting g compared to US market.

In US right now you can buy a Fold 3 5G and get a $999 priced Freestyle Projector for Free. This doesn't include the trade in offers they have for you old device too. 

Nothing at all for UK (you can't even buy the phone). 

We seen similar recently with the S22 launch. US Market got a free storage upgrade to the next level up as well as $200 voucher for Samsung Store. 

The UK got Buds Pro for free. The Buds Pro are good but for those like me who are in the Samsung Upgrade Programme anyone who bought the S21 last year already got a pair of those Buds with that phone.

Why do Samsung continue to shun non US regions to the side?

12 REPLIES 12
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The U.S has a different setup to what we have here.
With the new phones getting announced on the 10th August, its no surprise that stock for the older phone is reduced now
Don't forget the prices you see in the US don't include the taxes to pay at checkout.
Plus stuff like store credits etc.
It's a bigger market as well so gift incentives will be different.
I'm with you on wanting better incentives, but we do get quite good trade in deals. The 3 year old Huawei P30 Pro I traded in for the S22 Ultra was way over the market price. So I was very happy with that.
Hopefully with the Fold 4 there will be a great incentive with that. Will be upgrading my Z Fold 3 to the new phone
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

US also get great trade in deals. $1095 for an 18 month old S21 Ultra. I don't see why a different market should mean different deals. Your tax point is irrelevant, Samsung don't get that money, it would need to be paid regardless of offers/promotions. Besides, we pay more when you take into account currency exchange rates with US anyway. 

Samsung can do a lot better here. Hopefully we see something next Wednesday.

0 Likes
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
I know sometimes it's sucks I'm looking for deals in UK and almost nothing or they are but very expensive US market got almost everything for cheap
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Like I say it's a much bigger market
I'm not sure they can generally get unlocked phones, and the carrier networks will also subsidise the prices for certain contract deals.
I've seen some deal where you buy one of the flagship phones and get 50% off the other.
Although buying through Samsung, they will sell with carrier deals as part of it.
It's a very different market there
But yes I'd like Samsung to do better as well really. Decent incentives just adds to the new phone experience
Especially as you get basically just the phone in the box now
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Mm I think we the UK has limited market, no aggressive competitors for Samsung etc, so people like Apple and Samsung are happy with their current market share

Next, I think USA's population pyramid is bottom half is heavier, indicating more younger population and UK has heavy top

😂😂😂... But don't worry UK has less prisons and mental health units (take it as a joke) 😁
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I totally understand your viewpoint @hughsie27 

We have come on a little in the UK market as we only typically recieved a trade in deal and that was it.

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra from Samsung UK and recieved the Samsung Buds Pro too as part of the promotion, and 12 months of Disney+ and a reduction in cost of a Samsung Leather Black Back Case as I ordered it at the same time.

Promotions are geared to region and market place, and has always been the same.

Id love to recieve the type of credit's this in the states get to help reduce costs.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Yes uk 🇬🇧 get lame deals I can not even upgrade my GW4 for the GW5PRO
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Due to the Samsung Watch⁵ Pro not having a rotating bezel I'll be sticking with my Samsung Watch⁴ Classic @Daz73r 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

hughsie27
Navigator
Options
A little heads up for UK folks.
Very.co.uk currently promoting 20% off your first order if you sign up to their Credit/store card. They will also let you trade in your old phone as well, it looks like it's actually the same trade it method that Samsung uses Samsung. The only difference is Samsung deduct the trade in value at point of sale whereas with Very you pay the full price then Samsung send you your trade in amount afterwards.

This means you could get the Z Fold 4 for around £1320 (with 20% discount) and then get up to a further £750 back (£750 based on trading in an S22 Ultra) from Samsung when you send them your old phone.

You also still get to claim all the other Disney+/S Pen and case freebies as well.
0 Likes