Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Customer Service

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 07:08 PM)
Shab2020
First Poster
Options

Hello everybody I'm Shab2020, I have been an avid Samsung phone supporter and have converted many of my iPhone friends to Samsung as I believe Samsung is a better more flexible product. I started back in the Galaxy S5 days and have gone through an assortment of samsung phones (S6, S7, S8, Note 9 and finally the Samsung Galaxy Fold). I have loved all the products, however in my time with Samsung I have not needed to deal with the ignorance & arrogance of Samsung customer service, which should take a lesson from apple. The attention to ignorance is quite breathtaking, I think Samsung may have mastered the art of ignorance.

This all started with the purchase of my £2,000 Samsung Galaxy Fold, the fold was or may still be, being sold with the Samsung Care+ (or should be more appropriately called Samsung dont Care+) It advises you to register for the free insurance but gives no detail on how to do this, or a follow up email for you to do this or something that may come in the Samsung Fold box on how to do this. As I have tried to contact the customer support team to register insurance I have not been able to get details on how to do the registration. Now that my purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Fold has been over 30 days I get a link to activate it and yes you have guessed correctly, the website want let me insure the product, so back to customer service who fob me on to samsung shop, who then try to fob me off, so I then make an official complaint and the reply I get is we can not do anything as it has been over 30 days, I reply asking for their complaints procedure and it's been 2 weeks and their has been no reply at all. So for anyone who likes Samsung as a product watch out for the pi ignorance of  their customer support. However one thing I have learnt from this is to look into a product that has a customer service that does not take their  training in a Pig farm.

Thanx & love and peace to you all

Shab2020

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Shab2020 

We're sad to hear this. That's certainly not the experience we would want for our customers. Could you confirm where you purchased your Galaxy Fold please?

0 Likes
Shab2020
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I bought my mobile through the website in late December 2019. 

I still have not recieved a complaints procedure we are approaching the third week & still nothing, for someone who has owned samsung phones for years and has been loyal & a promotter of the samsung phone brand for years, I have to say I have been extremely dissapointed to say the least with customer servicve, particularly considering it is the 1st time I have ever sought to speak to you regarding a resolution on any matter.

Thanx

Shab2020

0 Likes
Shab2020
First Poster
Options

what happened, have you gone to sleep

0 Likes
Dodge666
Apprentice
Options

I watched the live stream announcement of the Z Flip. I went online to buy a flip while still watching the live stream. I placed my pre-order (to be delivered on 14th Feb) but it glitched while going through the payment. I went on live chat to check and was told "Your order went through, congratulations on your purchase of a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip". I went to bed excited about being a few days away from getting my new toy. The next morning I woke to find an email (received at 1am) "your order has been cancelled as the payment was not received."

I went online to reorder but the phone was sold out. Samsung were useless. I phoned and went on chat but both were absolueltely useless. I also emailed a complaint. Not only did they cancel my order without warning (an email saying I need to complete payment would have been nice) they also told me complete rubbish when I asked if it went through.

A day or two later the phone shows in stock but will be delivered two weeks after the release date. I try to order it but when I try to pay the website says there's a problem and to contact customer services. I checked with my bank and there is no block on my card so it is Samsung's site. Customer services advise me that they cannot do anything about the site block, it would need to be the Finance department but they have gone home. Customer services advise me to buy my £1300 phone "using a different name". WTF?! 

I politely decline their suggestion and email a complaint to customer services for them to unblock the site. In the meantime I try to place an order but pay with PayPal and this goes through OK. I again check with my bank and they confirm they can see all the attempted payments and there is no block against the card. I chat online with Customer Services to see if they can do anything to expedite the delivery and they say they will put a note on my order and I will receive an email when they have more news. I never received a follow up email.

The next day I receive two emails from Samsung in response to my emailed complaint...

"We are sorry about blah blah blah and will try to resolve this for you"

Followed by "Great news, we have been in touch with blah blah blah and this is now resolved."

I go onto Samsung website and try to place an order with my card only to see the same "There has been a problem with completing your order. Please contact customer services".

#SorryNotSorry

0 Likes
Yeetomeister
First Poster
Options

I have a s10 with care+ insurance. I've been calling the support again and again since october 2020 to get my phone fixed through care+, but they never call me back... i've been waiting for months... and the insurance expires in a little over a month now

0 Likes