Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung care+ z flip 4

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 06:50 PM)
r3dbug
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone successfully had a claim processed via Samsung care+? How long did it take and did you have to chase a lot? 

I clumsily dropped my Zflip4 and the hinge became misaligned, so now the phone doesn't open up fully. I logged the claim via Samsung Care+ and didn't hear a thing within the 1-2 working days. 

Called them, and apparently if you select "other" in the field to describe the type of damage (there is nothing specific for hinge damage) then the claim never gets registered properly!

So claim registered, approved...now waiting to hear from their logistics people to collect the phone for repair....who should be contacting me but another day has passed with no word. I have left a message via the website, but I find the fact that there is no reply or email to say they have received the message really odd. 

has anyone else had a such a painful experience, and have any idea how long the repair will take? (I wish I had taken out the insurance with someone else now)

6 REPLIES 6
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Interested as have the same cover for my Flip4
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
r3dbug
Apprentice
Options
Will let you know - phone collected yesterday afternoon. Very poor instructions in terms of how to prepare - will let you know when I get it back!

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not a good sign, but keep us updated please.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
r3dbug
Apprentice
Options

So my phone arrive back this morning, and it all seems to be in working order, just going through the painful steps of restoring the data...

Total time taken from dropping phone....13 days

So if this helps -  some tips: 

Submitting a claim via the Samsung Care+ portal

If you submit via the portal and select "other" this mean your claim "hangs" and doesn't get submitted properly to the system - I only found this out after not hearing anything for two days and ended up ringing them. It seems that they are aware of this bug in the system. 

Do NOT use the contact form to try and get any meaningful updates on your claim

You will end up getting an automated message and the best thing is to call them. 

+44 (0) 3330091717

Collection of your phone (normally the day after the claim is approved)

Once they approve the claim, they will send some pretty poor instructions in terms of what happens next.  In short:

• Back up your data
  • Turn off the security settings on your phone (so no screen lock by fingerprint/password/number
  • Restore to factory settings (this is probably more for your own piece of mind that you have done this, as the phone does get wiped by them anyway)

DPD will contact you to say they will deliver a care package - but they are actually going to collect the phone from you. They will have a box, take a photo of the phone and then take the phone away. If you are particularly worried about your phone being more damaged I would suggest maybe wrapping the phone up, but you might need to remove this quickly and replace it for the photo. I was not expecting them to collect my phone there and then, so I just handed my phone over and it was actually fine. 

Updates on repairs

You will receive no updates on what is happening with your phone. If you call Samsung Care+ on the number above they will advise you to call another number for repairs: 03330000333

The person here was a lot more helpful and was able to confirm the status of my repair and provide me advise the next steps, as well as providing me with my repair reference number. 

If you need to chase the repair place, here is yet another phone number 01782576930 (make sure you have your repair reference number)

Return of phone

You will get a message from DPD advising of when they will deliver - this generally happens the day after they have completed the repairs (they only do repairs Mon-Fri so if your phone is taken on the Friday, they will not look at it until Monday)

Anyway, hoping this helps you and anyone else who has had to submit a claim via Samsung Care+ (provided by Assurant). 

bigyin82
First Poster
Options
Great Post this. Really useful instead of the useless email from them. I've had a terrible experience so far with mine. Put claim in on 19th December, used other damage but didn't get told it doesn't work until I emailed them. New claim on 28th December but took 3 calls and 4 emails before they called me to take excess payment.

Phone finally collected on 18th January. Who knows how long they will take to fix and return.
r3dbug
Apprentice
Options
Good luck! I found phoning and chasing was the only way!
0 Likes