Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsumg Z 4 flip phone this phone looks nice but the hinges break do not buy

(Topic created on: 25-12-2022 03:45 PM)
Badboy123
Apprentice
Options
The samsumg Z 4 flip phone looks nice but trust me the hinges break on them do not buy this phone the z 4 flip and fold hinges break on them without any thing then samsumg say your warranty is viold due too it leaving marks where the hinges break you can not close it or open full then the cheek after spending over £1000 on the phone they want £349 too repair their problems it's not worth the hassle over this phone buy a iphone not this phone its one big problem stay away from the samsumg z4 flip and fold then samsumg treat you bad 
13 REPLIES 13
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
For Approximately 2 weeks now i have been on here trying to get Samsung onboard and escalate an issue with a Brand new Z Flip 4, which I purchased from the Samsung online store, as i had tried on to no avail with the void that is Samsung’s Customer care.

1. Purchased the phone on the 22 October 2022. And the Phone arrived a few days later. My first impressions was that it was a great bit of kit and my only regret was maybe i should have purchased the Fold as i am extremely visually impaired, but then again this screen Seemed sufficient and as a bonus it fitted snuggly into a shirt pocket.

2. Friday 28th October. First day taking my phone on a Business trip. Whilst on the train and subtly showing my new bit of kit off to my work colleagues, whilst showing pictures of my granddaughter, i noticed a light grey line across the centre of the screen at the fold. I was a little concerned and whilst searching online with my phone for what this is the Mysterious grey line could be, it turned jet black. Then this black line started to spill over 60% of the screen. I knew i had an issue and the phone would need to be returned to Samsung when i get home. As mentioned earlier, i was not overly concerned because i had purchased the phone directly from Samsung, And not son unscrupulous 3rd party.

3. Monday 31 October 2022. Contacted Samsung and was told because my phone was "bespoke" I had to return the phone to them for Analysis, and once completed they could authorise a replacement and it would only take a couple of days. As i had already purchased a cheap Nokia phone whilst on the Business trip for calls, and that i was also working from home for the next fortnight, it wasnt going to be any great hardship, and i agreed to send it back to them.

4. Tuesday 1 November 2022. As the nearest store was 40 miles away i decided to use the Samsung pickup service, so i Packed my phone and as advised, i supplied a copy of my invoice also. DPD came nice and Early and i handed him the phone, which he duly took pictures of and off he went. A lot of hassle, but it is what it is, and i will have another phone in a couple of days. Or so i thought. 

5. Thursday 10 November 2022. After numerous phone calls and being told by Samsung that it may take a little longer and tracking my phone progress online, which was showing "being repaired". I was advised that my phone did not warrant a replacement or repair because they had received photographs that my phone had showed signs of "Physical Damage". I refuted this and asked if they could send me the Photos, only to be told, and i quote "i am not Admin" and i would need to Contact the service centre direct. So i asked for the Number and was given a Number starting with 01782, which i knew was a Stoke on Trent Dialling code, surely Samsung didn’t send my phone 300 miles for a diagnostic. So I queried this only to be told That it was sent to one of their "partners"

0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
For Approximately 2 weeks now i have been on here trying to get Samsung onboard and escalate an issue with a Brand new Z Flip 4, which I purchased from the Samsung online store, as i had tried on to no avail with the void that is Samsung’s Customer care.

1. Purchased the phone on the 22 October 2022. And the Phone arrived a few days later. My first impressions was that it was a great bit of kit and my only regret was maybe i should have purchased the Fold as i am extremely visually impaired, but then again this screen Seemed sufficient and as a bonus it fitted snuggly into a shirt pocket.

2. Friday 28th October. First day taking my phone on a Business trip. Whilst on the train and subtly showing my new bit of kit off to my work colleagues, whilst showing pictures of my granddaughter, i noticed a light grey line across the centre of the screen at the fold. I was a little concerned and whilst searching online with my phone for what this is the Mysterious grey line could be, it turned jet black. Then this black line started to spill over 60% of the screen. I knew i had an issue and the phone would need to be returned to Samsung when i get home. As mentioned earlier, i was not overly concerned because i had purchased the phone directly from Samsung, And not son unscrupulous 3rd party.

3. Monday 31 October 2022. Contacted Samsung and was told because my phone was "bespoke" I had to return the phone to them for Analysis, and once completed they could authorise a replacement and it would only take a couple of days. As i had already purchased a cheap Nokia phone whilst on the Business trip for calls, and that i was also working from home for the next fortnight, it wasnt going to be any great hardship, and i agreed to send it back to them.

4. Tuesday 1 November 2022. As the nearest store was 40 miles away i decided to use the Samsung pickup service, so i Packed my phone and as advised, i supplied a copy of my invoice also. DPD came nice and Early and i handed him the phone, which he duly took pictures of and off he went. A lot of hassle, but it is what it is, and i will have another phone in a couple of days. Or so i thought. 

5. Thursday 10 November 2022. After numerous phone calls and being told by Samsung that it may take a little longer and tracking my phone progress online, which was showing "being repaired". I was advised that my phone did not warrant a replacement or repair because they had received photographs that my phone had showed signs of "Physical Damage". I refuted this and asked if they could send me the Photos, only to be told, and i quote "i am not Admin" and i would need to Contact the service centre direct. So i asked for the Number and was given a Number starting with 01782, which i knew was a Stoke on Trent Dialling code, surely Samsung didn’t send my phone 300 miles for a diagnostic. So I queried this only to be told That it was sent to one of their "partners"
0 Likes
Hammo140
Apprentice
Options

I had a 3 and the screen protector started to bubble, and of course, the fold was starting to degrade. It looks like tiny scratches which you can only just feel. No support. Awful, awful. Avoid at all costs.

0 Likes
Members_MhBQx5F
First Poster
Options

1000004142.jpg

I believe these foldable phones aren't quite market-ready. My Galaxy Z Fold4 unexpectedly broke while I was opening it, without any additional force. This occurred after just three weeks of usage, and there was no accidental damage involved.

Upon visiting the Samsung Store in Leicester (Highcross), I was informed that I had caused the issue and would need to pay slightly over £500 for repairs.

The customer service representative, supposedly knowledgeable about the matter, showed me a part of the screen that wasn't cracked but had swelled, implying internal impact as evidence of an accident.

It seems Samsung is unwilling to take responsibility for the flaws in their product. I've decided to steer clear of foldable phones, especially those from Samsung.

0 Likes