Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsumg Z 4 flip phone this phone looks nice but the hinges break do not buy

(Topic created on: 25-12-2022 03:45 PM)
Badboy123
Apprentice
Options
The samsumg Z 4 flip phone looks nice but trust me the hinges break on them do not buy this phone the z 4 flip and fold hinges break on them without any thing then samsumg say your warranty is viold due too it leaving marks where the hinges break you can not close it or open full then the cheek after spending over £1000 on the phone they want £349 too repair their problems it's not worth the hassle over this phone buy a iphone not this phone its one big problem stay away from the samsumg z4 flip and fold then samsumg treat you bad 
13 REPLIES 13
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Never had problems myself with any of the Flip or Fold phones I've had.
I know some have had issues with the screens. But the hinges are built to be strong and would take some force to break them.
Plenty of durability videos on YouTube to show how durable they are
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with your Flip⁴ @Badboy123 

The phone along with the hinge mechanism will be quality tested rigorously before being launched.

A couple of my work colleagues are very happy with there's. 

I've been very happy with my Fold³.

That said I in no way am dismissing what's happened to your phone. 😒

It's possible you've been unlucky with yours and I'm sorrybto hear Samsung have assessed the phone and found the issue to be connected to accidental damage.

You could ask for a 2nd option and or look to any relevant insurance policies such as Home Insurance Contents.

I wish you all the best.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
The phone is not fit for for even light use... Stop making people think that the phone does not have problems when it clearly does. You will be bombarded with complaints due to the Christmas sales and i personally will be watching and supporting them instead of doing my salesman role.
Badboy123
Apprentice
Options
Yes it has problems my daughters samsumg z 4 flip has done exactly what mine has done right side off hingas dropped making it ..no good you can not open it full at all plus on my website I've found 3 more people with same problems it's the Z 4 flip plus the fold are breaking so easy rubbish they are spoke with samsumg today they want 349 too fix their problem told them too keep the phone my insurance company said fight them don't want the ohone back am wanting a refund
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
Hi Badboy123. The mediators and makers are just gaslighting you, they dd it with me for about 2 months talking garbage.. For instance Glenntech whom responded to your message has had multiple folds and flips so must have had a spare 10k in the bank to get all his phones... Stick with it and fight them. I sent a phone back in October and only got my money back a few days ago.. See below my previous posts.
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
And the name of this Company was TMT First.

6. Friday 11 November. I called TMT First and waited 2 hours for an answer and requested that they send the Photos to me, which they did whilst i was still on the call. The photos arrived and the first 2 photos was definitely the phone i returned. The other 4 We're definitely not my phone and not even the same model. Showing Puncture holes scrapes and excessive waer and tear. I Told the lady on the phone in no uncertain terms that this was a scam to distort money from me, and i was advised that i would need to take this up with Samsung.

So i called Samsung and demanded Escalation. Which i have asked for in past calls and been advised it would be between 2 and 5 days for an escalation call-back, depending on who answered the call. This is what i was told. 

We cannot overturn a decision on a repair.

The camera is really sensitive and you wouldn’t see the holes with the naked eye.

Looks like you have closed the Flip with something inside. It could have been a coin or keys.

At this point Samsung broke me, and went out and bought another phone, which is actually older than the phone i traded in, but i couldnt justify spending even more money on a phone, just before Christmas at a cost £330. 

So i demanded a full refund for the sale of faulty goods and quoted the consumers rights act 2015. I was told they couldnt start that process until i get the phone back from TMT First, so i asked for this to be noted on my account. 

So i sent an email to TMT First. Advising that i will not be requiring a repair as i have asked for a full refund, therfore as a matter of urgency could they return my phone to me ASAP.

After my 3rd email request for the return of the goods, i received this response from TMT.

0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
Hi Gerry 

I have some great news.

It looks like this has been re-assessed Internally and will be completed under a warranty repair.

7. So after a fortnight with Samsung & TMT First have gaslighting me in a one sided tag team wrestling match. They have agreed that they have been bullying the consumer. I have obviously declined the repair and requested the phone be returned. I will make a prediction now, that this phone will either be returned repaired, or will go Mysteriously missing in the post, as they have been caught telling lies. 

8. So We have mediators on here, and instead of sending generic messages with links that lead nowhere. I request that you escalate this message to a higher level and ask someone to contact me, as i will not let go of this matter. I am currently creating a story for social media, i have contacted local press and i will touch base with trading standards when i return from a trip this Friday 18th November. After that date i will proceed with the actions advised. As i feel i cannot ignore this and must warn as may people as i can about this Scam from TMT First, that Samsung are well aware of, as all you need to do is look at the company reviews. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Loyal Ex-customer

Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
Good luck and fight the scam by Samsung & Partners
Badboy123
Apprentice
Options
The same they have done too me but wanting 349 too fix it