Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad that the Z flip screen LCD has cracked already!

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 01:44 PM)
N17RO
Student
Options

Wondering if being a loyal Samsung customer is worth it.

I bought a Z flip for my wife less than 18 months ago and today the LCD screen cracked when it was opened. Not the screen cover etc the actual LCD undernether right on the joint.

Samsung shop wants AED 2,100 to fix it yet an entire new phone is AED 2,300!  Surely this cannot be right. I just bought 2 Tab s7 plus's and a fold 3 a couple of months ago too and still getting ripped off like this!

Very unhappy.

9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
You could perhaps try
Samsungs trusted third party retailers 

www.espares.co.uk 
www.partmaster.co.uk 
www.samsung-sparesby4oh.co.uk.
0 Likes
N17RO
Student
Options

Thanks but I'm based in the UAE not the UK.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This pages maybe helpful

https://www.samsung.com/support/service-centre/

You could always try contacting samsung support
But as the warranty is over 12 months they may not be able to help

https://www.samsung.com/support/contact/
0 Likes
nurse83
First Poster
Options
They wont help. I just bought the newest model flip 3 5g 2 months old and the same thing. Underneath the protective layer its cracked. Was told by extremely unhelpful and rude techs that I must have snapped it myself. Thanks for your 900 pounds tho. Awful awful awful
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think when making a decision to purchase such expensive high end phones it's also beneficial to consider adding Samsung Care + or having some other form of insurance covering the purchase.

I'm in the UK and elect to have my phone's covered by my Home Contents Insurance Policy.

That said these phones are quality tested by Samsung before launch and so should stand the test of everyday usage.

Accidental damage does happen.

We all know technology can fail both with hardware and software.

Factory fitted screen protectors can lift and crack and so can screens too.

Samsung apply a limited 2 year manufacturing warranty but this wouldn't cover what Samsung deems accidental damage,  so it's down to the interpretation of the Samsung Engineer how this swings.

A display replacement shouldn't be anywhere near the cost of a new exact same model of phone so I'm not sure what's going on there @N17RO 

In the UK the Flip 3 brand new from Samsung UK costs £949.00 for the 128Gb storage option.

To have the screen replaced on this costs £279.00 via Samsung which is nowhere near the cost of a new phone.

I appreciate costs differ from region to region but the principle should be the same.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dsourvanos
Journeyman
Options

My screen cracked where it "Flips". I sent in for replacement, and they said that this may occur and is not covered by replacement cover. Thank you Samsung for the great after sales experience. Spent 1k on this, And now I have a cracked phone. Which is considered to be "normal" nowadays it seems

0 Likes
Creed88
Apprentice
Options

The same thing happened to me on 1 month after buying this phone for over $1000 now they want to charge me $400 to repair! I’m so disappointed! I’ve never even dropped the phone! I’ve been a loyal customer for 30 years now I never want another Samsung!

0 Likes
stinkysox
Journeyman
Options

I got the same problem. And  Samsung said that I broke it. The best is to contact as many famous tech youtubers as you can... else you will have to pay...

I already did, but to get noticed, we need more people contacting them.

inwe85
Explorer
Options

They are absolute crooks, how they have the power to just decide that the warranty is void, it is the consumer fault but they will give a discounted repair price "out of good will!" Happening internationally, I hope this is the start of their end in the phone industry. After 10 years, time for an Apple or Google Pixel. Great idea on the youtube video about broken Flip 3Zs!

0 Likes