Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S fold 3 issues with sim.

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 06:31 PM)
Gordie
Student
Options
Has anyone had issues with the sim going off intermittently, tried all the trouble shooting and had to send it back. 

Is this a known issue or just unlucky. I have asked for a replacement, so any suggestions on this best setting for lenghting the battery life

Thanks
Gordon
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Touch wood mines been fine @Gordie 

Are you sure it's not your sim card that's been glitching ?

In regards to battery life and extending it this is a subjective topic as we all set up and use our phone's differently,  use different apps, and have different signal strengths.

If you perform a forum search you'll see lots of ways to help with battery saving and useful tweaks.

One thing I'm not in favour of is turning Off useful features that I want or may use to save some juice.

Here are some things I do on my Fold.

• Dark Mode.
  • Screen Time Out is 2 minutes. 
  • I only let my main email account sync regularly.
  • I look at my app notifications and limit them if necessary.
  • I've uninstalled the Facebook app and now access my Facebook via my internet url.
  • I've disabled Google Chrome and only use Samsung Internet. In my experience Google Chrome is a resource hog.
  • I only use the Samsung default theme.
  • I don't use 3rd party launchers such as Nova Prime.
  • I dont have nearby device scanning on as I dont need this.
  • If I'm finished with an app that I know can use more battery in the background then I'll close it down. That said the phones nowadays are clever enough to eventually do this themselves.
  • I dont use two sim cards on my phone as this can use more battery as the phone is working go keep connection to two networks, or I simply disable one sim until I need to se it.
  • Location _ Improve accuracy is turned off.
  • Adaptive Brightness is off and is set to around 50%
  • Dark Wallpaper.
  • I move apps I dont need notifications all the time from and that always need to work in the background to sleep mode.
  • I move apps I dont need notifications from and work in the background to deep sleep mode.
  • I dont use apk files.
  • I don't use battery monitoring apps as they by there very nature constantly work in the background so use more battery.
  • I run my phone on a full cycle and then check in my device care,  battery section to see if an app is using more battery than I'm happy with.
  • Once a week I use the optimisation feature,
  • If my phone is misbehaving then I'll clear the phones system files. Clear your System File Cache via the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 
  • I opt not to use the power saving mode as I want my phone working go it's optimum. 

The best battery saving tip I learned years ago was to turn off the battery % sign in the top status bar so I'm not always drawn to looking at it and just enjoy what the phone brings.  :winking-face:

If necessary carry a handy portable power bank.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Gordie
Student
Options
Thanks for the detailed response very useful. On the sims card issue, I run several checks on the sims and they would absolutely fine on my other devices. Indeed I have been using both on my Note 20 ultra and they both are confidently active. Thanks again for the tips in the battery issue. Apprestiated
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Gordie 

I wish you all the best with the replacement.

The tips I gave and those I'm sure you've found via a search should help but above all enjoy your Fold³

It's a powerful tool. 👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "