Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair refused

(Topic created on: a month ago)
sonofkrypton99
Student
Options
My 13yo daughter got this phone for Christmas and has been super careful with the phone, it has a screen protector and a very robust case

A week or so ago the phone had 2 dead pixels showing green, then the bottom part of the screen flickering on off with a green tint

We put it into the EE repair shop as EE said it was known issue and would be repaired, they have now come back and said they won't repair for free due to "excessive pressure" ?!?!? What does that mean ?!?!? It's own by a tiny 13yo girl? 

Very angry! Can anybody advise?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
They say that for every repair usually means if you want it fixed then you have to pay for it. Scam
sonofkrypton99
Student
Options
That's how it feels, they've said there's indentations in the screen it's a thick screen protector on it from day one! So a 13yo girl has dented a screen through a screen protector "possibly from her nails maybe" it's absolute nonsense!
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Are you anywhere near a Samsung Experience Store? You could try taking it in to see if they could do a repair?

Alternatively, how did you buy your device? Is it on a contract where you pay so much a month or did you buy it outright? If the latter and you paid by card, charge back may be an option.

Worst case scenario, small claims court. EE will pay out or replace as it is cheaper than fighting the case.
sonofkrypton99
Student
Options
It's a contract through EE they've sent the images and it's not even my daughter's phone! Doesn't even look like a zflip!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @sonofkrypton99 

As EE directly supplied the phone they as the merchant have a Duty of Care under the manufacturer's warranty to assist. 

Have a look at > Customer Rights Act 2015.  

It's already possible they've sent the phone to a Samsung Service Centre to be assessed when you surrendered the phone to them. 

Check with EE if any insurance was included with their contract. 

Also you mayve covered under any applicable Home Contents Insurance. 

And some bank accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "