Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regret the day I bought Zflip Samsung Sept 9th 2020

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 02:04 PM)
SindiMancwane
Student
Options

On the 9th Sept 2020 , I bought myself a brand new Zflip Samsung from Mall of Africa , SA .Little did i knew that i was saying goodbye to my hard earned money for a phone that i had loved an desired .It only took few weeks bragging with my new phone before a month ended phone started heating up , while was frustrated by that Speaker literally went off and there came a little dot growing inside the LCD .Phone will overheat even if you remove it from the charger .Took it back to Samsung .

They took the phone for repairs so they said . 2 Weeks later They called with a report saying they can confirm that the phone was indeed faulty and can confirm it never felt , So they will fix the phone .

Now my concerns where this .Phone bought it for R35000.00 takes a month ,Now need to be fixed . My safety ,do they consider it .That phone will overheat that you cannot even hold it . What if it damages my eardrum . I cant risk that .

Please note i had a month bought the phone before I could take it back with defaults which they than confirmed . Now im forced to take a phone that was repaied which is still not guaranteed and yet they cannot fixed other faults that came with it .

They have refused to refund me or give me a  new phone .

4 REPLIES 4
marcellerra
Explorer
Options
I can only offer suggest advice, on my knowledge based on UK Law and Consumer Rights.

if a fault is to occur, returning to the store it was purchased and speaking with them to rectify the issue is recommended, as most stores have some form of guarantee or warranty for something like this, as it would be a device issue that the store sold, so they would normally be the ones who would do a refund as they would have some product insurance from the supplier ensuring they are not losing money and nor are you.

you could contact Samsung themselves, they have a better Guarantee or warranty that protects a consumers rights, as they under legal international law, they would then be able to fix, or replace for exact or similar at a value of the device or higher (depending on what is most possible or discussed and agreed), they however do not need to and are not required to make any form of refund to a customer, however the adviser themself are able to if fully capable and authorized to give something in the form of a store credit for a sign of good care to compensate the inconvenience, this also applies if they wish to offer anything such as accessories such as headphones etc.

if this is something you are still not happy with you can seek legal advice however this may cost yourself and potentially not result in a result that you may like
0 Likes
marcellerra
Explorer
Options
you can also contact to enquire about the existing case with samsung to explain your fears and worries, but also if you have had any stress issues because of the situation then you would need to explain so it is noted on file (in some cases send and email to the advisor you speak to and get some receipt proof it was received on other end, a letter can be sent or if an official Samsung store sent via them, with a receipt with Stores official stamp, a signature from you and whom handed it to in store, but also their name, staff id number, position, date and time received, make sure you gain 2 copies of email or letter and both letters signed etc. this is for you incase they ever claim anything in regards to nothing arriving or dddbeing bought etc.
0 Likes
Zflip
Student
Options

I had a similar issue. Got 2 z flips for me and my fiance. Within 48 hours, she was charging the phone for the 2nd time and it died. Nothing. Vodacom says it is not charging but I'm sure it overheated. Worse, I suspect the phone is a refurbished phone. If I look at the packaging and the Phone Info Samsung app, which verified this is a refurbished phone.

I also do not want a repaired phone, as how long before it breaks again.

SindiMancwane
Student
Options

Terrible service and fake phones they have , You know i have Note 8 and have never had this problem its been 6years with it now .

0 Likes