Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pulling my hair out trying to redeem Disney +

(Topic created on: 19-08-2022 06:31 PM)
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options

Hi, Received my new Z Fold4. Trying to redeem the 12month Disney Plus offer and I'm going round in circles. Can anyone help please.

On the phone I click on Boost and then Redeem Disney offer. It gives me a QR code which of course I cant use when I'm on the phone. however the second step says enter your details and sign into Samsung account. then the third step it says go to Disney web site and sign in with your account email that you use with Samsung.

Then I go through the registration process and Disney asks for my credit card details and auto ticks the £7.99 per month button and then asks me to proceed.

At this stage I'm frightened it just takes the payment as there is not code or any suggestion that I am using Samsung promotion.

Can anyone help please. Cheers 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options

Hi, if anyone is reading this and having the same issue I have just fixed the issue. I was using a the BRAVE browser and it stops the links from being generated. As soon as I set Chrome to the default browser everything started to work and the links appeared. So I'm all set up now for a full year. Note to self, if you use a "safe" browser then be careful and check before complaining. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Garywilson22
First Poster
Options

Hey dude,

I am just about to do the same on my Z fold 4. On the boost app it does give the following message so it looks like it is correct - 

Do I need to enter payment details to sign up?

Yes, valid card registration required, but you will not be charged during your subscription period. You can cancel anytime. See Terms for full details.

0 Likes
Garywilson22
First Poster
Options

So I've managed to redeem the code. If you go through the boost app on your Fold, it gives you the code and then click the link which will re direct you to the Disney website. You will need to put in your card details but it does say that you can just cancel the subscription for it not to auto renew after the year. 

Good luck

0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options

I just don't get a code. How did you.  get the code. I pressed redeem but it just takes me to the QR code. No link no code. Ugh

0 Likes
Solution
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options

Hi, if anyone is reading this and having the same issue I have just fixed the issue. I was using a the BRAVE browser and it stops the links from being generated. As soon as I set Chrome to the default browser everything started to work and the links appeared. So I'm all set up now for a full year. Note to self, if you use a "safe" browser then be careful and check before complaining. 

0 Likes
Violet180
Apprentice
Options
I did this but it charged me £1....is anyone else the same?
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options

Hi Violet, no this didn't happen to me sorry. I went into the boost web site section, clicked on the Disney redeem now button and it took me to a Samsung Disney sign in page where I was able to register. I had to enter a card number etc but the cost was £0.00 for the next year. it comes up with the details of the Disney contract with dates etc.

You might be experiencing the £1 pound card check. I'm not fully conversant with the details but to check the card some businesses charge the card £1.00 to check its genuine and not a scam. The £1.00 is then credited back at a later time.  hope this helps ..

0 Likes
Darth Seven
Apprentice
Options

I'm having absolutely no luck evening getting to redeem. I go to the boost page and it says sign in (which I do successfully) and then it reloads and brings me back to the sign in screen multiple times I can never even generate a code it is very frustrating 

GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Try using Chrome without add ons. No add blockers etc. It should work. Mine did.
Darth Seven
Apprentice
Options

I havent tried your suggestion, but before you replied I used a completely new browser (firefox) and still just kept going in circles. Don't understand why this one deal is not easily redeemable really ridiculous from Samsung 

0 Likes