Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion/Offer Experience when buying Fold 4

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 03:30 PM)
Sineda
Journeyman
Options
Hello all, first time posting but have been with Samsung since 2015. I normally bought my phones directly from a network carrier here in the UK and two days ago I've decided to buy the new Fold 4 directly from Samsung online store; it goes without saying that the goodies, discounts/offers and their upgrade programme is what made me buy it directly from Samsung.

However... and this is my only drawback, is the way they handled the free case with S-Pen promotion. I have heard that with previous Fold phones it has been delivered with the handset, in the same box, but now we need to claim separately and wait for the claim to be approved and then on top of that wait for dispatch and delivery. This is quote a frustrating experience as I'm unable to use my phone outside of my home simply because I want to ensure my phone is protected at all times. In fact yesterday I nearly dropped my phone at home as it's somewhat slippery.

Samsung, why?! Why make us wait a week to get the case and send it separately? This is definitely not the best experience for me. Network carriers have always sent me the case straight away, just like you did for other customers with previous Fold phones.

TL;DR - Samsung is frustrating its customers who bought the new Fold 4 by not sending the case with the phone but making you claim it separately and wait a week. This makes most people unable to use their phones outside of their homes.
14 REPLIES 14
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I claimed mine on a Saturday evening and it arrived a few days later. So the claim process doesn't take too long.
I get what you're saying and I'm sure there's a reason behind it. Perhaps it just makes the process simpler and more reliable maybe.
But it's worth having a case or two extra around anyway in case you want to change
Still hopefully it won't be long before you start to enjoy how great the phone is.

Just in case I have put the link to claim the case below

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/2022-note-pack/en-GB/claim/get-started
Sabhuku
First Poster
Options
I was thinking the same. I had to wait for a week. My case has just arrived today
0 Likes
Sineda
Journeyman
Options
Why should I buy another case if they're giving me one for free? Never had to buy any case other than what was provided to me by the carrier before.

I don't know the reason behind them not shipping these all in one go and us having to make a claim; but it makes absolutely no sense what so ever for us to jave to make a separate claim, provide all the proof, etc.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I only mention another case as I like to use different types. Change cases every now and again as they also end up starting to wear with me.

I do agree with you and just seems an unnecessary extra thing.
But third party companies run the promotion side of things and I guess that’s their process.
I'd prefer it if we could claim before the phone arrives at least do the case is there and ready for when the phone arrives
0 Likes
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Has anybody managed to register the free care plus yet? I've been trying all day but my serial number or imei isn't recognised
0 Likes
YNWA22
First Poster
Options
I ordered my Z fold 4 on Sunday, 8t arrived Monday and received my case on Thursday. The frustrating thing for me is searching the Internet to find links to the promotions. So annoying
0 Likes
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Yeh it's pretty poor to be honest. Not had a single email about the free gifts, they probably want you to forget so you end up buying one.
0 Likes
Sineda
Journeyman
Options
Totally agree with this. The website is not very user friendly in respect of finding things. In fact, when I was ordering my phone the website froze a few times. Wouldn't work on Safari and had the same issues om Chrome.

Definitely a bumpy experience.
0 Likes
Sineda
Journeyman
Options
This is something that came through automatically. I received an email to say I'm covered.
0 Likes