Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my third z flip!!!

(Topic created on: 13-06-2020 05:26 PM)
SC68
Explorer
Options

I'm really saddened by my Z flip!! I have had the black screen of death phone number 1 after 2 weeks then got my second new z flip and 2 weeks later where the phone folds the screen looked broken with white line across the screen hinge to hinge!! Now on my third so maybe 3rd times a charm!! Has anyone else had similar experience with their Z flip?!

15 REPLIES 15
Marina888
First Poster
Options

I am so disappointed with Samsung and their warranty policy! There is an obvious line on the screen which occurred due to opening and closing the screen multiple times, why the warranty doesn't cover this?!? I have paid so much for this phone since I got it in the first weeks of release. Anyone replaced this under warranty?

0 Likes
kolemieux
Student
Options

Can you tell me if yours sounds like this ?

Z Flip brand new "crease line / distortion".   Sadly this is 100% true.  I am in a trial 30 days with a Z Flip I plan to buy and 3 days later see it has established a line / distortion on the screen at the folding point.  I have not even had this phone outside, and hoped it was possibly an issue with the screen saver.

Against what I wanted to do, I did pull back then removed the screensaver to see if it was on that, under it, or caused by it.  It was "not".  This is not very noticeable in black modes at all but be there no confusion - it is there.  I rebooted - power cycled - and did everything I could to refresh the screen - but it is still there.

To me it almost looks like at the fold point some of the pixels have stopped working and as a result a thin line appears.

HELP?

I will post pictures when I get some.

0 Likes
SC68
Explorer
Options
Get in contact with who ever you got the phone from and tell them what has happened ASAP.
0 Likes
Poohmane216
First Poster
Options

I just had same problem so p****d. My z flip screen started out with line across the middle were it folds never dropped or nothing. Sent back in it was under warranty. Month later sent back same thing the tell me it’s internal damage 561 to fix no way. I asked how can it be internal never dropped or anything no marks on outside they tell me in could have happen in my pocket bumping around yeah ok. She quickly said she will cancel my ticket and send back. I will never purchase a Samsung tv tablet phone or anything again . I’m old school and will give a bad review to anyone that asks about this company don’t want nothing for free or giving to me just good product that I paid for .Z Flipis a scam and Garage.

0 Likes
Z flip 2
First Poster
Options

Had my z flip for less than a month and half of the screen went white, returned to support and after a text msg from them saying they are waiting for parts I've got a phone call from support saying that I've damaged the phone on water and I would have to pay $1200 to fix the phone.

I'm on a 3 years contract and provider did not offer insurance as they know how f up is this phone. Samsung never again I'm back to Apple 

0 Likes
Z flip 2
First Poster
Options

Mine started with those lines on the folding area in less than 6 months then progressed to half screen white blinking and fully functional and they blamed me for wetting my phone that never got close to water. How funny people getting 4 phones to actually have one without a faulty

Sansung is a joke 

0 Likes