Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No charger for the Galaxy Z Flip3 ???

(Topic created on: 30-10-2021 05:55 PM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 and to my amazement, Samsung don't supply a battery charger for it!! It did come with a charging lead (USB-C, I think ?) but unfortunately, none of my PC's is fitted with a compatible socket.

Anyone know where I'd get a suitable charger?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Charger-Delivery-Samsung-Nintendo/dp/B07S7NQYFS

For example...

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Hi BarikUK. I read somewhere that the Flip3 requires a 45 watt charger, rather then that smaller (20 watt) one but at least I can contact the manufacturer and ask if they've one a bit beefier. Many thanks.

0 Likes
Solution
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @johne53 

Seems Samsung along with other phone manufacturers are trying to reduce their carbon footprint by not supplying charging bricks and earphones with some phones.

The idea is most will have compatable charging bricks,  wireless chargers or hook up to a laptop with the supplied cable.

I would suggest to only use an official Samsung charging brick which will be available from Samsung Experiance stores, highstreet network stores or the Samsung Online Store.

I purchased the Fold 3 which also does not come with a charging brick in the box however I prefer to use Samsung Wireless chargers.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

I don't want to upset you, but we have a maximum of 15W !!

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-z-flip3-5g/specs/

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Many thanks everyone. Samsung and Curry's both have shops quite near to where I live so I'll try giving them a call tomorrow.

lisahaley
First Poster
Options

Great changing. Samsung company trying to reduce their phone carbon footprint by not adding charging bricks.Hopefully it will be available everywhere.

0 Likes
Lainey
First Poster
Options

I'm disgusted with Samsung over this issue!

It cost's a grand already on contract and yet they expect us to fork out £39 for an official new style adapter???

I'll stick to using my Galaxy adapter 

0 Likes
Limousinedubai
First Poster
Options

Good to know

USB Type-C cable makes it great for plugging your phone into your computer to charge or transfer data
- With 5 GB/s transfer speed, files will quickly make their way from one device to another
- Charge any USB Type-C device such as your phone, laptop, tablet and others - you won't have to wait around for long with this cable's 60 W power delivery for Good to know

USB Type-C cable makes it great for plugging your phone into your computer to charge or transfer data.
- With 5 GB/s transfer speed, files will quickly make their way from one device to another
- Charge any USB Type-C device such as your phone, laptop, tablet and others - you won't have to wait around for long with this cable's 60 W power delivery

0 Likes