Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 01:23 PM)
leahmullin
Explorer
Options
I'm wanting to upgrade from s20+ 5G  shall I go for the gold phones or wait till S23 comes out.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I would wait and see what the Fold 4 brings to the table Leah, but bear in mind that the S23 Ultra at least will likely have a substantially better camera and should be superior in other areas too, but the Fold design is a split screen delight and a uniquely immersive experience so I would only commit my money to either the Fold 4 or S23 Ultra when both phones can be compared back to back. I have not mentioned the next Flip model or any lesser S23 model as my answer would be the same. A little patience could save you a lot of regret if you buy the wrong phone for you. Good luck!. 👍👍

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I would wait and see what the Fold 4 brings to the table Leah, but bear in mind that the S23 Ultra at least will likely have a substantially better camera and should be superior in other areas too, but the Fold design is a split screen delight and a uniquely immersive experience so I would only commit my money to either the Fold 4 or S23 Ultra when both phones can be compared back to back. I have not mentioned the next Flip model or any lesser S23 model as my answer would be the same. A little patience could save you a lot of regret if you buy the wrong phone for you. Good luck!. 👍👍
leahmullin
Explorer
Options
Thank you for the info, I'll see what the S23 ulta is like when it comes out
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A matter of preference but  personally I think the S23 Ultra is likely to be more impressive  overall with higher specifications .  However the Fold devices have some appealing  and innovative features  and it is what floats your Boat.    Agree that it can be very valuable  make direct comparisons once both Devices are on the Market.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
Go for the new Z Flip or Fold when they are released next month.👍🏻
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I would wait until the new phones are released and have been bug tested etc.

I had the S20+ 5g and traded in for an S22 via the trade in deal.

The first issue I had was the company handling the trade in charged me £75 as they said my phone had screen burn, the phone was barely a year old and was never kept out of a case etc

The next issues I have is with the S22 which is riddled with glitches and app issues which I never had before so some fixes are needed

For me it was a step backwards and I would get better performance from an older phone

This is the first time I have ordered the latest phone fresh release and I won't be doing it again.

I'm sure the issues should be addressed sooner or later but I didn't expect paying through the nose to be a test pilot 🙃
leahmullin
Explorer
Options
Oh wow that's not good.
My partner has the S22 ultra he's never had any problems. I think km going tonwait till the S23 Ultra votes out and hit it at the same time as my partner .
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Seems to be pot luck at moment and probably depends which apps you use
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Should you wait for the s23? If your going to wait for s23 you should wait for s24 or should you wait for s25/s26 etc. There is no point waiting for the next model because the model after that will be better again. Just go with the s22 and upgrade from that when you can. Don't wait for the next model because the model after the next will be better and so it goes on.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah I would agree with @Andy3 in a way.
I've got the s21 ultra and much prefer it over the s22 ultra,but I did get the base s22 model because I absolutely love the compact design 🥰.
I also have the flip3 and oppo X3 pro.......I have an obsession with phones 😅. but in all honesty phones are now becoming stagnant and there isnt massive upgrades from the previous models like they lead you to believe.
Will I get the s23 or flip4 🤔 maybe but that's again just my obsession rather than any meaningful upgrade.