Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New owner of fold z 3

(Topic created on: 23-05-2022 01:10 PM)
Masser
Voyager
Options
Hi all I bought the z fold 3 1 days ago.
I'm a little surprised at the narrowness of the screen when folded and the awkwardness when opened fully. And on the opened fully bit, I've had my daughter set the keyboard to split. I find that a lot easier to type on than an unsplit keyboard.
When folded I find I would need to slice my fingers and thumbs into matchstick size to be able to hit the keyboard buttons lol.
I do like this phone when unfolded as images are great.

Advice in tips and cases would be welcomed 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Masser
Voyager
Options
Also how do owners find the battery life. I find I'm charging it before tea time having not charged it since night before approx 11pm
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Battery gives me all day
So happy with that
Masser
Voyager
Options
Brilliant. Thank you
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Some find swiping on the keyboard easier than trying to type. Predictive text is another option to use as well
I really didn't like the split keyboard, but then I have large hands and can easily hold the phone one handed open.
Using the S Pen on the main screen is great, such a useful feature
Masser
Voyager
Options
I don't have an s pen this phone didn't come with one I will have to buy one.. recommended s pen UK would be great.
I don't like swiping because I usually don't do it right.
I have small hands so need both to close the phone. Also to type I now can use the split screen faster than I thought I cpuld
0 Likes
Masser
Voyager
Options
Also I read that the screen is easily scratched with s pen usage
.true?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well if I use the S Pen, I would normally give the screen a wipe first.
It's only a plastic screen protector on the main screen, so it will inevitably get some wear.
That said, mine is nearly a year old and the screen still looks fine
Masser
Voyager
Options
Brilliant. I am afraid of any damage to the phone
I've ordered a case which will cover phone front and back.
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
I Have Mine on Power Saving, Dark Mode and Dim display (At night time) and i can most likely get more than 2 Days usage out of it.