Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Z flip 3 5g thoughts

(Topic created on: 26-09-2021 03:19 AM)
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
I like the flip but I feel like I'm making sure I don't bang it or close it to hard, it looks great but I think Samsung could have made the flip a little wider made the screen and the whole device wider and got more battery in the phone its a not good on the battery when out and I'm going from a S21 ultra and I'm going back to  the ultra the flip is great but the next one should answer the small battery and it will loose its weak point, and more customisation on the small screen. So not 100% but I like it..🤯
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For most and myself included when we first recieve a new phone we baby it as not to damage it, but on the whole these phones are pretty robust and have gone through rigourous testing before launching so I wouldn't worry too much from normal usage @Paulf1 

Each phone model will perform differently especially the usage stats.

The battery is new so will still be optimising which typically spans over a week and then via charging and discharging the battery this will help the battery to reach it's optimum output.

Some do carry powerbanks just incase a power boost is needed for their phone's.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Paulf1
Voyager
Options
That's true about the testing these phones go through before there released ,I think I'd be happier if it had the same IP rating as other samsung devices the dust getting into the fold but maybe I'm over thinking it and I should just enjoy the Z flip 3, I'm using it now and I'm getting used to the keyboards smaller or tighter fit but as I've said it's a great device and it will get better .. I may stick with it..I will post a message when my time comes to make the decision.👣
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
I am currently looking for a new phone as my note 10 plus is getting a little dated, not sure I'm brave enough to go for a flip 3 at the minute so I keep putting it of, I'm torn between the s21 ultra and the flip 3, love the small form factor of the flip but not sure how well a foldable will hold up over the years then there is the battery life I've heard so much about, I'm left leaning towards the s21 ultra for the better battery life and amazing camera quality.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Shelley123 

Both phone's certainly have their own merits.

I looked at the Flip³ and Fold³ as I wanted to try out the new form factors and eventually pulled the trigger on the Fold³, as I preffered that particular form factor especially for Media consumption. 

Personally I'm not particularly concerned with how these will hold up as Samsung do rigorously test these and attach a limited 2 year Manufacturing Warranty. 

Battery stats and screen on time are subjective as we all set up and use our phone's differently. My Fold³ gets me through a day with over 50% battery left.

I appreciate your looking at the Flip³

I generally keep my phone's for a year as I'm not locked into a Pay Monthly Contract and as such purchase mine direct through Samsung.

I'd say visit a Samsung Experience Store or Network Highstreet Store and have hands on with them, and check out YouTube un-boxings and reviews.

The Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra is an awesome device with top class cameras. 

Above all enjoy the journey  😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Paulf1
Voyager
Options
Yeah I agree check the fold 3 and the S21 ultra has great battery life but I'm switching to the Z flip 3 it's grown on me fast.
Flipolage
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah Shelley the battery life is a flaw... I've had to turn off the 120 refresh rate and have dark mode on which is my preference anyway. The Flip z 3 is a great phone apart from the battery. Do you think you can go to a sim only and wait it out till the next releases?
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
Yes I think I will more than likely wait, been looking at so many reviews and the one thing that's always negative is in regards to the battery life, such a shame it seems the perfect phone but with one flaw, thanks for your honest response.