Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Tought About Cracking Screen On Z Flip 3

(Topic created on: 25-06-2022 11:11 AM)
Pokkoyori
Student
Options
Spoiler

After doing like 5 - 6 months researching and asking a lot of people i came with a conclusion about this screen cracking along the crease, this issues mostly happening in a country with cold weather what i mean is this ultra thin glass inside the screen might start to freeze when you open the flip and slowly became prone to crack (you know when a glass is frozen they became easy to crack :smiling-face: sorry idk how to explain it well)  and this thing happenin everytime you flip it so yea something like that :smiling-face: because remember the first galaxy fold, that thing doesnt have the ultra thin glass inside and the only issue with that phone is only reviewer or customer peeling the screen protector and not cracking 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I totally get what you are saying. Maybe it's not the glass being frozen but less bendable due to low temperature making it more rigid.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I haven't owned the Flip Samsung phone's myself however one of my colleagues has and his seems to be fairing ok @Pokkoyori 

I'm in the UK so it's not always overly warm or cold here however the phone is quality tested to be able to stand certain temperatures either way and goes through rigorous opening and closing.

I like you have no real insight in regards to what % of phone's that have been sold globally to how many have had issues in regards to the screen.

One wouod think if alot are being returned to / repaired by Samsung then their internal quality testing department would investigate.

I own the Fold³ and apart from the delamination of the internal factory fitted screen protector it's been exemplary. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Octavia
First Poster
Options

My phone did the same thing yesterday. 7/13/22 I was astonished! I live in California so it's definitely not weather related. My phone was sitting on my desk at work I picked it up and saw this crazy situation. Plus two little spots similar to the center.  The center appears to be spreading as well.

0 Likes
Pokkoyori
Student
Options

Oh Nooo I feel sorry about that :')

0 Likes
Highdensity89
First Poster
Options

I'm actually having that issue right now. I work outside in Michigan. I have my phone in my construction vest, the temperature was 29 degrees out. I took out my phone, opened it and heard a crack. After that, the crease turned black and I couldn't use the top half of my phone. I just bought the phone back in April. 

0 Likes