Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Flip Z 3 screen cracked

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 08:27 PM)
Dsourvanos
Journeyman
Options

Just in 4 weeks, a crack has appeared along the crease of where the phone "flips".

Most disappointing Samsung Customer Support told me that its not covered for screen "wear and tear".

How convenient. So what, im not supposed to "flip and fold" the phone? Thats the whole point of a foldable phone.

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this is Samsung support by phone then what I'd suggest is to engage with a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who can have hands on to assess your Flip phone @Dsourvanos 

It might be the factory fitted screen protector that needs addressing. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dsourvanos
Journeyman
Options

Im in Athens Greece, Samsung does not have a Samsung Experience Store. The best option I have is to go to my phone provider from which I got the phone and have them trace it back to Samsung. Really im so disappointed. I hadnt owned a Samsung in years since the Note 3 and was so excited to make the jump back with a Luxury Item. And this is what I get. Already ive been telling people at my Company and friends and family to stay away. They are better of with other branded phones who provide excellent customer service and build quality at a much lower price point ( I will not mention any other brand names ).

0 Likes
Members_oMzuFNp
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same thing on one side of my phone (right side). A kid of split has appeared. And is getting longer daily across the fold.

cpollick
Journeyman
Options

What have you done to resolve it? Same thing just happened to me. I've had it a few months

0 Likes
Destronic
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue, I took the phone to T-mobile and they send me to a UBREAKIFIX store, at they store they told me that they does not serve the Z Flip3, but that it should be covered by the Warranty, now it turns out they say it was "user damage" and for changing the plastic cover they are charging me $109, that's ridiculous

planetmike
Explorer
Options

This is a manufacturing defect and these phones should be recalled. Here is a photo of my Z-Flip. As you can see there are two small cracks, about 4mm each. My guess is these will migrate and expand across the hinge with time. Speaking with Samsung Support and their affiliated local shops in the States, these screens are color specific (since they replace the back shell when replacing the front screen) and the black ones are on back-order. Generally speaking, the customer service is awful. Rather than a one-stop-shop concept where Samsung would coordinate the entire repair for you, here they want you to call each shop individually. This can only enrage their customers further!!!....

20220307_072942.jpg

0 Likes
inwe85
Explorer
Options

Same thing in Australia, Samsung must be telling all the Telcos to deny repair warranty for any cracks along the fold. I am boycotting every Samsung branded product from now on for their appalling business ethics.

0 Likes
JRB910
First Poster
Options

That is not  a crack in the screen, it is a cracked screen protector.

0 Likes