Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile issues

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 05:06 PM)
Pearce14
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung galaxy z3 flip and just recently it freezes when I fully open the phone  and unable to swipe up, I have done the reboot and doesn't solve the issue, 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you clear your phone's system file cache partition @Pearce14 which is one of the first steps when phone is glitching.

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

The next step is Safe Mode which helps to highlight anything downloaded that maybe a contributory factor.

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ will help to highlight if an app or theme etc is potentially causing issues. 

Finally a Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone. 

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Pearce14
Apprentice
Options
I will have a look and see if this works thanks for the advice 👍
Pearce14
Apprentice
Options
I have tried both of these and it's not fixed the issue 😕
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

🤨

When you say you've done a " reboot " does that mean a factory reset @Pearce14 

Also if your previous phone was a Samsung which process did you use to transfer your information from that phone to the Samsung Z Flip ?

You also mention this has just started recently so may I assume things were fine previously  ? Have you done anything recently i.e update something?

0 Likes
Pearce14
Apprentice
Options
Yeah all has been fine it only started the other night I put the phone on charge, the following morning when I opened my phone I couldn't swipe up, the only way it will allow me to do it is if I have the phone halfway open and it's fine, I have done all updates when needed and it's been fine. I haven't yet done a factory reset as dont want to loose anything.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate performing a factory reset can be daunting but as long as you carry out the essential bavk ups to Samsung Cloud , OneDrive or any other online vaults you use it should be fine.

A Samsung Service Centre would ask if you've tried a factory reset before looking at the phone and always do a reset themselves as one of the first steps to dealing with potential issues @Pearce14 

0 Likes
Pearce14
Apprentice
Options
Ok I can look at this later after I finish work and make sure all is backed up before doing a reset
Martinr36
Explorer
Options

I've had similar thing happen occasionally with my Z fold2 since updating to Android 12 & one ui 4.0, I'll open to full screen, go to wak it and it stays black, so close it back up and then i can wake it from the front screen

Nuffychick7
Apprentice
Options
This is happening to me since I updated I loved this phone till now, only 3mths old