Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Lloyds banking app deregisters z fold 4 immediately upon exiting

(Topic created on: 17-12-2022 10:32 AM)
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
I dont know if it is the bank's policy or android 13 update or a bug in the recent app update rolled out on 7th December by the company's developers but it is extremely inconvenient for me not being able to use the app as this app is my main point of managing all of my money and I cant do it from a flagship and world's most expensive device, the Z fold 4 as my one and only phone right now. The app worked perfectly during the first couple of months after I purchased the device. Didn't know that it will stop working someday on this particular device. The app is still working perfectly on my wife's Galaxy Note 20 ultra. After going through the reviews on Google PlayStore it is now clear that it is infact the device that either got blacklisted by the bank or messed up with a bug in its very recent december security update. 
31 REPLIES 31
Rekenax
Apprentice
Options
Hi there, for now I don't have that problem I use ( lloyds ,Halifax and Amex) all of them work fine
0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
It worked fine just a week ago. Now it doesn't work. I tried clearing cache, reinstalling the app but nothing works. The issue has been mentioned by other users in reddit as well. They are suspecting the very recent December security update from Samsung. If your device is updated to the latest version you might also get the issue.20221217_022130_1000003819_1671265852.jpg20221217_022149_1000003820_1671265852.jpg20221217_022519_1000003816_1671265852.jpg
0 Likes
Rekenax
Apprentice
Options
Man that sucks I had the update this morning and for now is fine I'll keep an eye on it thanks for sharing hope you can fix it in the future patches
0 Likes
Tbear
Student
Options
Help mine too any fix anyone bloody nightmare
0 Likes
Members_6ibR1qn
First Poster
Options

Same with me, called up Lloyds a couple days ago and the guy assured me that they fixed it on. Their end for me whilst on the phone. Very next day and today, same issue. "App launch failed" and device de-registered due to security reasons. 😟

0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
Called and discussed with them for long in detail. Lloyds bank team repeatedly concluded that my phone lacks security, might be backdated or bugged and suggested to get a new phone ditching this £2019 phone never acknowledging the fact that the issue is associated with only their app. They also claimed the other banking apps should also not work on my phone which is actually not happening. All of my HSBC, Barclays and Natwest banking app is still running flawlessly on the device.
0 Likes
David-20
First Poster
Options
The same thing has happened to me, I got a z flip and transferred my other phones back up onto it and all my banking apps wouldn't transfer 😒 but when I reinstalled them, my nat West app locked me out. So I went to the cash point and it rejected my card and locked my account.
Now they say that to unlock my account I need to print out a form from their website and post it to them with copies of my identity and proof of address.
So I can't get any money out until after the postage strike and I can't do any transfers from it.
What a ***** up Christmas I'm going to have
0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
I dont have any issues with Natwest though. I restored all my banking apps and other apps from Samsung cloud back up and they got updated automatically by Google play store. Never had any issues with Natwest. The Lloyds bank app is getting lots of 1* in play store. I went to a Lloyds bank branch afterwards and they admitted that they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it.
0 Likes
Rico_786
Student
Options
I'm having the exact same issue with Lloyds Bank app. It's very annoying I've spoke to the bank and as others on here have said they are useless any fixes please keep us posted
0 Likes