Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knox Analytics Uploader Draining Battery

(Topic created on: 11-05-2022 02:04 PM)
RealDTM
Apprentice
Options
I have had this running in the background using upto 10% of my battery and, for those who own a Z Flip3 know the battery is bad enough without this draining even more. 

Does anyone know what it is and how to stop it? It's not in apps within settings and I'm at a loss as to how to stop it. 
4 REPLIES 4
RealDTM
Apprentice
Options
See screenshotScreenshot_20220511-134827_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Mobz
Voyager
Options
If i had to guess, it's probably something that shares usage/stats...

I had it disabled a long time ago!

I just used the following ADB command to disable it...

pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.knox.analytics.uploader

(This is on a s22 ultra, but I'm presuming it should be similar for your phone)

If you don't know how to use ADB, then follow the link below, and look for REMOVE BLOATWARE section.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-no-root-complete-samsung-oneui-optimization.4376755/

RealDTM
Apprentice
Options
Yeah thought as much, just can't figure out why it's using 10% daily.

I've never used ADB but know what it is and can do. Maybe it's time to use it as I'm sick of the Samsung bloat. It's this or just return the phone due to this nonsense and the lacklustre battery life and get something different.

Thanks for the response and the link, I'll look over it and see what I can do to keep me on Samsung as I really enjoy the experience.
0 Likes
Mobz
Voyager
Options
It'll help you get rid of bloatware. Probably better searching on net for bloatware related to your device. Just be careful what you remove.

It'll also allow you to run certain tweaks that might help you enjoy your phone more 🤞 There's a lot more general stuff on that link that'll be useful too.

It helped a lot with my S22U

Best of luck 👍